News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists....post pics of your guitar!

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 02, 2007, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

damn....you guys got some nice pieces.

Hey Brock...planning on giving more away anytime soon? I got dibs!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

3 new pics. I think these pics really show the wood on my RR3. :yesnod: :yesnod:

JimShine

I have way too many to post. Here is one I bought for dirt and have really been digging. It is a 1983 Ibanez Steve Lukather signtaure model.

I have a very early ESP M2 on the way. It should be here tomorrow.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 06, 2007, 12:20:49 PM

it's time to jettison my baggage...

I'll PM you my address. Jettison it my way, please!  :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

I thought I'd bump this up. I picked up this LTD EX-102 Explorer a few weeks ago and I've been enjoying it. I'll end up throwing some actual Seymour Duncans in it eventually or maybe some Dimarzios. I was looking for a cool guitar to do a custom paint job on and I finally found this one on Craigslist. Here it is with my Jackson RR3 and Jackson Warrior :cheers:

TylerCharger69

Johnny SixPack

Here's what I've currently got in the collection (minus my black pawn shop acoustic):

1984 Gibson Explorer Reissue:

1989 Fender Power Jazz Bass Special (Jazz neck on a Precision body w/active electronics)

1989 Fender Concord (acoustic w/a Strat neck):

No pix of the amp, but it's a Mesa/Boogie 400+ w/a BBE sonic maximizer running into a Mesa RR 8x10 & RR 1x15 cabs.  :coolgleamA:

Don't currently have a guitar amp sadly enough.  :'(
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Foreman72

my roommate and i are both gear collectors... :icon_smile_big:

my stuff
Turser strat (sounds/plays amazing)
Art & Lutherie ceder top acoustic (handmade in canada, love this guitar)
Fender Blues JR (sweet amp)
Mackie 16 ch board
behringer effects
dbx 162 compressor

his stuff
taylor 210
taylor t5
ltd j1004 bass
skb pedal board/various pedals
marshall g80r
peavey classic vt twin

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69CoronetRT

Here's a picture of my Designer Series Explorer. I never liked it as much as I wanted to and sold it. Also sold a 76 strat hard tail- didn't like that one as much as I wanted to. Sold Les Paul Studio - didn't like it either.

I still have my '78 P bass (Original owner-'survivor'), 99 American Standard Strat, 94 Explorer, Mexican Tele. Taylor acoustic and a beat up Ovation Viper.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

R2

HEY BROCK ........was looking at your picture,,,,checking out the guitar,,,,funny,,,,if you go to the 11th fret on the guitar,,,,and then go over 3 pictures to the right on your poster,,,,is MY car,,, (black 69 with white tail stripe,,hood up),,lol

Doug  :lol:

some pics of recent addtions........

91 Les Paul Standard

Peavey Wolfgang's

Several Kramers and my Fender Strat 81 (bought new)

few more Kramer American Pacers

Ibanez Artcore

Brock Samson

R2 I thought you were gonna tell me how badd assed my first strat is...   :-\
lol... those, these..  are all pretty cool guitars, are jacksons really that nice?.. I don't think I've ever played one, they were just a good japanese strat copy when i was comming up...  :shruggy:
'n BTW: here's my friends' band, She's the singer, they are really quite good.   :drool5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQRS9qKRlVE :rock:

R2

That Strat of yours is bad azz,,,, that's how i noticed the picture next to it,,,, was taking a few minutes studying your guitar,,,

The older Jackson's are nice ,,, i used to have a San Dimas Charvel,,,ordered it new from calif and waited 5 months to get it,,,was beautiful,,,wish i still had it,,,,

if you ever get a chance to play a wolfgang,,check it out,,,not a fan of the appearance,,,,stumbled across it,,,and was blown away,,,neck and sound amazing,,,,

the older Kramers are also pretty cool,,,and fairly inexpensive,,,

what's the details on your strat,,,,,,let me know.......

Doug

:2thumbs:

Brock Samson

well, since you asked...  :lol: i bought it in 1978 at the first guitar center here in s.f. it was slightly used and i paid $420 for it. the biggest ticket item i had ever had to work for,.. if i could've afforded it i wouldhave bought the double necked BC Rich bitch they had there it had a 6 and 12 string necks on it and was a dark cherry they wanted $1,200 for it then and it might have well been an Atlas 12 rocket.
Anyhow, the blonde strat was a three bolt neck flexi-flyer but i was a senior in HS and had no knowledge then of CBS pre CBS or enough sense to research. A year or so later though, after various guitar guys examined my blonde I was painfully made aware of all these purist facts.
Funny though, a few years back i found out these three bolt necks pieces of crap as i was told my guitar is/was - are actually sought after today...  
I bought it in a hurry because i had my second actual gig that night at a jazz club in Japantown called Club Jigoku
This was important to me because i wanted to play with the pros and i saw a opportunity to impress these guys in the "Guess Who? love band" who I idolised. truth is I didn't know shit and felt and groped my way around the magnificent Jazz standards these guys played and I was pretty stiff and nervous i had a shitty Rosac Amp with only a volume and tone knob and a Boss Tone Distortion box that emitted horrible static and rude noises everytime the cord moved even a little bit...  :lol:
I did get a chance to play and even got a couple solos where i got to show off my string bending ability, you must know this was in the days before even Mike Stern played for Miles and a teenage white boy playing a strat in a jazz band was absolute sacrilege!
 Anyhow the guitar has been modified twice, once by Stars Guitars which was THE place to have your axe hot rodded back in the '80s I had S.D.s replace the stock PUs incl a quarter pounder in the bottom and shielding and a 5 position switch, and of course a second Gen. Floyd Rose,..  The pick-guard I made myself from clear plexi (had to do it twice) and i added a half dozen grain of wheat lights from a hobby shop so the the PUs glow green blue or red depending on pick up selection, on stage under the light they couldn't be seen and were pretty silly on retrospect. I took them out the last time I swapped pick-ups.
I went into the guitar synth techo. in a big way in the Mid '90s and added the GK-2 controller, it took me over two years to write and organise my Rolands GR-1s' Patches so that was a huge ten year side project in all.
In '04 I had the pickups which were actually rusting out from performance sweat, replaced again with S.D.s dual humbuckers and put a Jeff Beck in the bottom. I love that PU!
Anyhow that strat has the automotive equivilant of 500,000 miles on it, and really needs a fret job now but since i have two other strats along with 10 other guitars It's pretty low on the prioity list.
My main strat the Roomian made custom purple one is very trick and built to much higher specs than any guitar I've ever played and is built like a tank. He also built me two Teles.
BTW:
a funny side note to the stars guitars hot rodding of the strat was that I bought a hard shell case from them, that was a fender prototype figerglass hard shell case that is slimmer and smaller then the actual final design Fender sold, It was at Stars for feedback and they sold it to me for a small amount of money, and I've never seen another like it.

edit:
here's hendrix playing an Gibson S.G. that he's obviously having trouble with..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TSpusRV-8&feature=related

charger_cody

God, Cody I played like a 64 hollowbody gibson the other day. I have NEVER played a better guitar. Everything on this guitar was PERFECT. No pic though.  :'( I'll post a pic of my collection when I get home from school.

Cody

R2

Brock,

thanks for the info...good read,,,,,,great guitar........  :2thumbs:

Smokey Bear

Wow, nice stuff.

I lent mine to Lizzy Hale. You can see it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l14naR3dJQ

moparstuart

halestorm is great , she has an awesome voice .  They are blowing up all over the radio here .  Her brother is in the band too .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Bluestar

I Missed this topic.  Been playing since 1987.

Bought the Red Charvel Model 1 in 1988.  It got modded with EMG pickup somewhere along its life.  Probably mid-90's.  This guitar still smokes.
The Black Gibson Explorer is my 2nd one.  This one I bought in 2004.  My first was purchased around 1991.  It will soon have a set of Kerry King EMG's in it.
Guitar Center Trash BC Rich Mockingbird, made servicable with Carvin tuners and Super Distortion pick-ups.  Was trying for that Ace Frehley sound.  Didn't find it.  Now used to play off tuning stuff like Prong.
Epiphone Thunderbird Bass is just something to play around with.

Old Moparz

I don't play guitar, my wife does, but I thought you guys might find this one amusing. I found it almost 25 years ago at a "Sears Surplus" store, & decided to buy it for my wife that year for Christmas. It's made by Dean. My wife, as well as another friend, said it actually doesn't play that bad at all. It was mostly a novelty item I guess, but it probably is somewhat collectible.

This isn't the actual guitar, just one off the internet since I don't feel like moving a bunch of things & going through something like 15 guitar cases to find it.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Old Moparz

Quote from: Foreman72 on February 13, 2010, 04:50:39 PM
:o

wow...thats wild... :lol: is it heavy?

The Bud guitar? Not any heavier than any other average electric guitar I've held.

Now the brass bodied Dobro I gave her as an engagement ring, that's really heavy.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

chargergirl

All the guitars are beautiful...however that Budweiser one HAS to be a collectable now. The Dobro is amazing!
Trust your Woobie!

bsakal

Here is my SX strat with ceramic P90 pups...
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383