News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic Discussion / Re: Ever notice...
Last post by 70 sublime - Yesterday at 06:22:25 AM
Some times saying the airport is 2 hours away is better than saying 60 miles.
60 miles makes me think it will take an hour to get there but if the traffic sucks between here and there it can take 2 hours.
We live outside the city here and it used to take an hour to get to airport.
Um no more. That is truly a fantasy to get that far in an hour unless it is 3:00 in the morning but now that summer road work has started that will not always work either.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Stuttering for emphasis?
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 03:12:48 AM
Unintentional stuttering is frustrating for the person doing it and is often just accepted by polite people.
We all know that none of us are perfect so we allow some slack when dealing with others.
When a person's actions are faked for emphasis or to unfairly garner sympathy or support, that is bullshit.

01 boooo.jpg

I knew a guy that stuttered when he spoke but he was a friend so nobody hassled him about it. It got far worse when he was pissed off. Imagine trying to cuss out someone and getting stuck on "You motherff  ff  ff  ff  ff ....You mother ff ff  ff ff ... You asshole!"
I read where sometimes when they wore noise cancelling earmuffs, their rate of stutter dropped a significant amount. This indicated that the frequency of the stutter was proportional to their awareness of it. They were self conscious, yet did it more. Strange. Like trying to hold in a laugh at something inappropriate but then losing it and giggling at what could be a very awkward time.
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - Yesterday at 01:04:41 AM
That's what I meant... in general the time concept is a daily deal for everyone, but not the distance.

On cities you can also tipically measures distance by blocks or streets for the same reason.
Last post by John_Kunkel - May 05, 2024, 05:16:06 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 05, 2024, 03:11:01 PMIf you meet the speeds limitation, that makes a constant so the time is easier to relate on our minds how far is anything than the distance itself.

Might be easier to understand for some who have no concept of distance but do of time. Also might be regional. Kinda like "it's twelve thirty" as opposed to "its half passed twelve".
Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by Dino - May 05, 2024, 05:01:02 PM
I saw the sound quality reviews but running it through a big amp with good speakers should make it work well. If not, I will definitely send it back. I have the stock AM radio in the dash now.
Paint, Body & Trim / Stone chips in side stripe
Last post by 469 runner - May 05, 2024, 04:46:48 PM
I was touching up some stone chips on the lower quarter panel today and notice a couple of chips/tears in the 1968 bumblebee stripe.  This is a QQ1 car with a white stripe.  I know I could go to the trouble and have the stripe replaced but I was wondering how a detail shop would go about fixing this?
Last post by b5blue - May 05, 2024, 03:58:50 PM
LOL! :lol:
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - May 05, 2024, 03:16:02 PM
Here is LOL

BTW in Venezuela and also here in Spain distance is told by time LOL
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - May 05, 2024, 03:11:01 PM
If you meet the speeds limitation, that makes a constant so the time is easier to relate on our minds how far is anything than the distance itself.

BTW, there is a joke of a finland comediant about that LOL (he calls ISMO)

Will search and post