News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How would these wheels look on a Daytona.

Started by 472 R/T SE, October 02, 2005, 08:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

I'm gonna be putting my 472 into my Daytona replicar and want steel wheels.  How do you think it would look with the rear's like this, maybe not quite as wide, but you know what I mean.
Personally I think the look is killer on a b body, I just don't know if it will ruin the look of the lines of a Daytona. ???  Better yet, anybody have pictures?  Take a look at this, bitchen'.

Thanks.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

dog dishes look great on daytona's. they look all business
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

472 R/T SE

I'm gonna try and at least change the color of the wing this summer to black, or repaint the whole car.  If I repaint the whole car, it will be a different color.  There was a Daytona in Mopar Muscle that inspired me for this look a couple months ago, I can't find the rag and it's not on their site.

I'm no photochopper altho I have it, a waste of money. :-\

hotrod, not counting some meat out back, that' the look I'm after.

OldGuy

Have you thought about black rims and no caps like the #71 K & K Insurance Daytona? :drool5:  My favorite - looks stealthy!! :2thumbs:
Or are you going with colored rims - same color as the body or wing paint?
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Daytona R/T SE

:thumbs:

MoparYoungGun

hotrod98

allbluert,
Just sell the car to me and then build you a different car that's a different color, with a black wing and painted steel wheels.
That would be the obvious way to go. :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

dart3404

I like the looks of this one with the big white letters and no hub caps  sweet :drool5:.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 02, 2005, 09:24:06 PM
allbluert,
Just sell the car to me and then build you a different car that's a different color, with a black wing and painted steel wheels.
That would be the obvious way to go. :icon_smile_big:

But that would be the easy way out, :icon_smile:.  Kind of like what I did. :devil:  I can't imagine trying to build one, or two. :icon_smile_tongue:  It just seems as though my color combo is VERY popular.  I just want to personalize it.

I'd rather put the motor in something else, like per say a '68 Charger, or a '70.  I found a real nice survivor 318 Cuda in Texas, just too much dinero' and I'd still have to replace the mini Dana.
ONe thing for sure, there's not that many Hemi clone Daytona's. ;)  I just want to get started so I don't change my mind. :-\

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: dart3404 on October 02, 2005, 09:34:11 PM
I like the looks of this one with the big white letters and no hub caps ? sweet :drool5:.

:iagree: :iagree:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hotrod98

What makes you think I'm looking for an easy way out? :eyes:
Okay, so I was looking for an easy way out. I started to go out to my shop several times tonight to work on the chal convert, but I'm tired from walking all over Heartland Park at the mopar show this weekend.
Sometimes it seems like I'll never have enough energy to finish these cars, let alone start on the clone car. I worked on my buddy's hemi gtx all day at the dealership and came home to work on my cars, but it never happened. I'll have the hemi in the convert by the end of the week though and then maybe I'll get that motivation that I've needed to finally get it finished.
Have you got your hemi yet?  I waited six months to get mine and now I'm so close to hearing it run.   :icon_smile:

Charles Addams

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

well here is  a pic on a charger, side shot, just no wing or nose.. but you could at least get the idea of the "body line" question
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hotrod98

I just went with the 426/465hp. Since we drive the cars to shows that can be several hundred miles away, we thought that the 426 version might be a little more tame and might get a mile or two better mileage. We take our cars out on cruise nghts and do a couple of parades each year as well.
The Topeka show is having to grow again after not having the show from 2001 to 2003. The swap meet was smaller with less parts, but that's the norm these days. The car turnout wasn't bad considering the threat of rain for Saturday, which it did eventually. I didn't take either of the cudas. Didn't really plan the trip too well. Just rode up with a friend and split the fuel and hotel bill.
Wingman had his daytona there and there were three superbirds. The most wing cars that I've ever seen there.

Charles Addams

bull

I like the looks of this one with the big white letters and no hub caps ? sweet :drool5:.

Me too. Gives it the old-school NASCAR look.

Lowprofile

I Totally Agree. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

MoparYoungGun

:iagree: , I like the looks of this even better :drool5: !

Charger1970

1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on October 03, 2005, 12:25:48 AM
I like the looks of this one with the big white letters and no hub caps   sweet :drool5:.

Me too. Gives it the old-school NASCAR look.

:iagree: Exactly what I was thinking.
And afterall, what's a better car to have the NASCAR look on than a Daytona! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Stormhammer

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 02, 2005, 09:03:28 PM
:thumbs:

that your Daytona? cause if so... -squints to make out the county- wherein GA are you... grr

its frekain sick

THE CHARGER PUNK

what company makes tires with big letters i tried good year but they only have that on slicks i want that old nascar look but street tires any ideas?-MATT