News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiberglass trunk caps , how much are they ??

Started by daytonalo, January 05, 2008, 12:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I was going to mention that you will need different hinges. Daytonalo made my set. Mike Goyette with Dayclona sells them as well.
Here's a pic of Mike's hinges.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger1973

Id like to do the cutting on this over the weekend if possible, just not sure whether to go ahead with it or what.  :scratchchin:

dillon14

Matt,

I would say to try and make it look like the blue one above minus the hinges.

I think that will work.

Al

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T 426 Hemi 4-Speed 1 of 4
1969 Boss 429
1968 Shelby GT-500KR 4-Speed Convertible

dillon14

Posted by: hotrod98:

I don't have any extra steel closeout panels left, but there are fiberglass versions out there. In fact a couple of guys here on the forum have mentioned making them.

Does anyone out there make these closeout panels that hotrod98 is talking about? If yes, how expensive are they?

Thanks

1969 Boss 429

hotrod98

Contact Mike at ...Dayclona1@yahoo.com...or check out his website at... http://www.officialdayclona.com/
He has a couple of the caps in stock at $75 plus shipping. Use panel bonding adhesive and clamp it in place for 12 hours at 70 degrees or higher. Be sure and add some of the adhesive between the deck lid and reinforcement to prevent vibration. Be sure and post pics.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

dillon14

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 16, 2008, 06:49:07 PM
Contact Mike at ...Dayclona1@yahoo.com...or check out his website at... http://www.officialdayclona.com/
He has a couple of the caps in stock at $75 plus shipping. Use panel bonding adhesive and clamp it in place for 12 hours at 70 degrees or higher. Be sure and add some of the adhesive between the deck lid and reinforcement to prevent vibration. Be sure and post pics.

Thanks,

I'll do this ASAP.

1969 Boss 429

Charger1973

Hows this look?

daytonalo

That is not a trunk cap Cupcake !!!That is a filler panel or Dutchman panel !!

Charger1973

Quote from: daytonalo on January 27, 2008, 07:04:49 PM
That is not a trunk cap Cupcake !!!That is a filler panel or Dutchman panel !!

Thanks Princess!!!  Im glad you're here to tell me these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img