News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Daytona 4 sale

Started by 65post, August 25, 2016, 04:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Eiik fake window sticker being passed off as real. makes you what other things have been fudged ?

ie wonder about those "matching #'s"

Beep Beep Dave

That "fake" window sticker has been on the car for a long time...here is a pic of the car from the late 1980's early 1990's when Moparfest was held at a different location. You can see the window sticker in the window. The car is pretty well known in southern Ontario. When the late Peter N owned the car is was a regular at the shows. Great guy to talk to who loved his car, I was surprised to hear he sold it but later heard he had health concerns. Peter never represented that window sticker as being original. I can't and won't speak for him but I believe it was done more for an informational thing.

The "new" owner has had it for a few years now. He also owns a Dodge dealership and has had other Mopar Musclecars in the past.   

I think the pricing is a bit optimistic but compared to what people have been paying for big projects, this driver may bring the $$$ too.

Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

maxwellwedge

I met him at Moparfest when I was there with my G-S Dodge black Challenger. I saw the window sticker and said wow, another G-S Dodge car at the show.
He immediately told me it wasn't. He was a good guy and drove that car everywhere.

TiMopar

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on September 15, 2016, 10:00:40 AM
That "fake" window sticker has been on the car for a long time...here is a pic of the car from the late 1980's early 1990's when Moparfest was held at a different location. You can see the window sticker in the window. The car is pretty well known in southern Ontario. When the late Peter N owned the car is was a regular at the shows. Great guy to talk to who loved his car, I was surprised to hear he sold it but later heard he had health concerns. Peter never represented that window sticker as being original. I can't and won't speak for him but I believe it was done more for an informational thing.

The "new" owner has had it for a few years now. He also owns a Dodge dealership and has had other Mopar Musclecars in the past.   

I think the pricing is a bit optimistic but compared to what people have been paying for big projects, this driver may bring the $$$ too.

Dave   

A lot of us 'back in the day' had these window sticker repros done when they first came out. If you did not know the original selling dealer, they just used to use the name of a well known dealer...

wingcarenvy

I love it with the Cragars on it  :2thumbs:

Beep Beep Dave

1970 Charger R/T

CAPER

High Bid 150k No Sale. Seller wants 175k

birdsandbees

Well he's come down a bit considering it was on Hemmings for $150K US.. that's $197k Cdn.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70 sublime

Quote from: CAPER on October 29, 2016, 04:40:57 PM

Are those numbers in Canadain money ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

CAPER

Canadian Auction Canadian $'s posted on the car

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: CAPER on October 29, 2016, 04:40:57 PM

Thanks for sharing. I actually think that was pretty good money for this Daytona. I am a bit surprised it got bid that high.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Stevetona

It sucks being Canadian when looking for high end cars. You can add 25-30% exchange rate plus more tax if you have to bring it across the border.  :eek2: