News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christine's Daytona y otro cosas. Everyone is Welcome Here in This "Sandbox"

Started by 426HemiChick, June 02, 2019, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

BeatersRus

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 18, 2019, 11:43:16 PM
it appears  :shruggy: one of "426HemiChick's" admirers has placed a For Sale ad on MOPARTS (in WIW) for the '69 HEMI Daytona

Bill Board also has a chesterheadly@yahoo email address  :scratchchin:

lol..it just keeps getting deeper....moparts threw that out quick,posts erased.
from what little i saw,
moparts was pissed because of the topic section he posted in And the way he posted.
saying it wasnt his car.
plus the members were aware of this trainwreck and not taking any of it there.

btw the fact that all the info is good,including the phone number on the bill board account.
i do wonder why they claim it isnt their car on moparts?
look at the first line,where he says i wish...

For Sale *NOT MINE* I wish.
Original 1969 Dodge Daytona 39000 miles.
This is one of last unrestored Daytona's left in the world and is in very good original condition, True Survivor!
Car has been in dry storage since 1972, a genuine Barn Find!
Numbers matching engine has not been started since stored but still turns over by hand with no issue.
Numbers matching transmission not currently in car but is available and will be included with sale.
Nose not currently installed but is included and in good condition.
Has some "day two" parts installed that can be easily removed.
Value of this car is yet to be determined (this is possibly a million dollar car!) Please make reasonable offer.
Please see pictures below..
Please contact Chester Headley @ (817) 488-8868

426HemiChick

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 19, 2019, 02:08:35 AM
Your cops must have a lot less to do then ours if you think they would be the slightest bit interested in acting on a photo used without permission....especially one that was already in the public domain and had no people in it. Over here at least they would also need a visible copywrite...or how would anyone know they were doing wrong.

Hi alfaitalia,                     19 October 2019

It's not the copyright so much as the ID theft. Someone opened an account using my ID. Two years ago, someone did the same thing, opened an account and began posting as me. Law enforcement intervened. So much for that creep.

The watermark is a way of adding a digital code to the photo that is undetectable by the eye. Takes special software to read it; it's similar to crypto though not the same.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: 62 Max on October 19, 2019, 07:47:50 AM

Out of curiosity,when and why as you say the photos are watermarked and copyrighted,only watermark I see is rust !  :confused:

Hi 62 Max                    19 October 2019

See response just above this.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 426HemiChick on October 18, 2019, 11:00:58 PM

When I posted that $1.6 mil price on the thread, it was done in jest to shut you up. Of course that was way over your head.

Well, you must have a real price in mind. Why not just announce it and see how many are willing to pony up the big bucks?

odcics2

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 19, 2019, 03:31:27 PM
Quote from: 426HemiChick on October 18, 2019, 11:00:58 PM

When I posted that $1.6 mil price on the thread, it was done in jest to shut you up. Of course that was way over your head.

Well, you must have a real price in mind. Why not just announce it and see how many are willing to pony up the big bucks?

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

A383Wing

Quote from: 426HemiChick on October 19, 2019, 02:21:04 PM

The watermark is a way of adding a digital code to the photo that is undetectable by the eye. Takes special software to read it; it's similar to crypto though not the same

:scratchchin:  Interesting that you know all about ID theft, watermarks, or lack there of...special software....and yet pages of garage door repair are out of your league....unless all of that was just a ruse to keep this thread going.

$1.6M for the car or cars?? So that post you made was another "bait post" .....someone is dreaming again

I'm going to make more popcorn....anyone else want any?   :popcrn:

chargervert

I will just spell it out, you need to get some one who will clean up all three cars,and put.ther right parts with the right  cars to get thd right money for them.

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Kern Dog

Quote from: held1823 on October 19, 2019, 06:35:49 PM
someone pony up around 700, and help the masses rest easier
Really?
Hell, I'd give them $7000 for all three.

taxspeaker

Here is a realistic amount. And, I do own a 1969 Dodge Daytona, numbers matching 4 speed (but a 440) in excellent condition, as well as a Hemi Superbird and 3 other Birds, so I think my numbers are valid. As an actual buyer of  these cars I can tell you very few folks can or will pay the money that we see on TV, and I do not consider the auction prices  representative of real values in most cases.

The Hemi Daytona that is so often referred to for values by sellers was a 7,000 mile, 4-speed, numbers match in concourse gold condition, bringing 900k at the top of the market, plus buyer premium. The word is it was resold last year for 600k, but that is not verified. That is not a comparable value or car to Christine's car. Most Daytonas, being 440's, bring 175-250 depending on condition, maybe pushing a bit higher for a 4-speed, numbers match, low miles in concourse condition and desired color. Anything above that is a stretch. As a real buyer, and as someone who would actually be interested in buying Christine's Daytona who also has the ability to buy it, I would start with the $250k value for a perfect 440 Daytona. I would then double that value for a Hemi to $500k. However, I would then knock off 40-60% for the condition of the car and the automatic, for a realistic values of somewhere between $200 and $250k, but only if all the drivetrain truly was there, matched all numbers, was not destroyed by age or rot, and had not been cobbled together for a sale. The nose not being attached is a major, major negative in  my eyes because of the great risk for damage. If you are realistic in values Christine, you may consider this a valid offer. If it appears to be condescending or insulting I apologize, and if you read some of my other threads (43 year barn find) you will find that I have been known to pay twice the asking price rather than take advantage of someone-something I will never, ever do.

As for the Hemi Roadrunner, prices are plummeting for these, and in the condition of the car, it is precipitously falling off the cliff. I personally would have no interest in the car as a collector and would not insult you with any of my opinions on value. If you want to PM me we can discuss what I think it would be worth to someone right now on the open market.

The 3rd car is not a model I follow, so I could not guess at its value.

The insults and crude comments have no place on any board, including this one. I do see how skepticism has been raised and continues to exist, but the comments are not needed.

Bob J
Semper Fi

DeltaV

Hi 426HemiChick,                     19 October 2019

My first post to this thread.

I have a few questions. Maybe, just maybe, your answers will help us folks in the peanut gallery understand your next steps.

Do you have a timeline for when the cars be will be on the market? Are both you and your S.O. ready to sell the cars?

Do you plan on selling the lot of 3 cars (and all parts) via an auction (e.g., eBay) or via a reputable automotive website (e.g., Hemmings Motor News)?

Would you be receptive to an unsolicited bid for the lot of 3 cars (and all parts)?

Do you have the titles for all 3 cars; and are the titles in your/S.O. name(s)?

Is there other paperwork that will be included with the cars?

Thanks in advance.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

DonC1

What do other Hemi Daytona's go far on average in ' survivor ' condition?

Bird One

Haven't been here for a while, tried to log in yesterday and couldn't, was checking a few other sires and found this. After reading through it, probably would have been better of not to. If it is inappropriate, let a mod delete it if not, be prepared ,sad  it's come to this  !

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/trouble-over-at-dodgecharger-com.179551/

maxwellwedge

Quote from: DonC1 on October 24, 2019, 03:40:00 AM
What do other Hemi Daytona's go far on average in ' survivor ' condition?
The problem is - they don't go.
I haven't seen one sell for a while....not at the prices being asked.

Y1CHARGER

ANY car or ANYTHING for that matter is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, asking prices are irrelevant.   :coolgleamA:  Let the offers come in and see where the highest offer lands.   :Twocents:

odcics2

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on October 25, 2019, 07:02:35 AM
ANY car or ANYTHING for that matter is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, asking prices are irrelevant.   :coolgleamA:  Let the offers come in and see where the highest offer lands.   :Twocents:

That's called ebay....
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

djcarguy

Your cops must have a lot less to do then ours if you think they would be the slightest bit interested in acting on a photo used without permission....especially one that was already in the public domain and had no people in it. Over here at least they would also need a visible copywrite...or how would anyone know they were doing wrong.

It's not the copyright so much as the ID theft. Someone opened an account using my ID. Two years ago, someone did the same thing, opened an account and began posting as me. Law enforcement intervened. So much for that creep.

The watermark is a way of adding a digital code to the photo that is undetectable by the eye. Takes special software to read it; it's similar to crypto though not the same.

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

62 Max

Quote from: djcarguy on November 22, 2019, 06:51:25 AM

Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

Trying to  :stirthepot: again !!   :nono:

BeatersRus

its been quite some time.
im just wondering if the cars did find a Good home?
was there ever any progress??
that fella bob J there looked like he was serious?

not interested in any of the other foolishness.
just interested in the cars and what happened,thanks.

wyliemn71

This is a very interesting post! I would love to know more about the Daytona myself and if the owner wants they can PM me. I would give it a great new home.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                      07 November 2020

We just want you all to know that this is our last post on this thread. Our Daytona is no longer ours; she has a new parent who will provide her with a great home and will take very good care of her. We are quite thankful for this.

Thank you all, you are a great bunch; we learned a lot here and hope to continue doing so.

Hasta luego, Best Always,

426 Hemi Chicks

AKcharger

I have no idea what this thread is about nor do I really care to read the last 23 pages but I did want to share a photo of this cool plane!