News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

First, what made you think that 50 lbs was the right torque setting? That is a 3/8" shank with coarse threads.
The number I get for an iron intake is 40 lbs.
Secondly, you can weld a nut to it and back it out.

68 rails 4.jpg

Now, this is with a bolt in the frame rail but it was flush with the rail. I just filled the hole in the middle of the nut with weld and backed it out.

68 rails 16.jpg 
Last time I bolted down the intake manifold, No pipe dope was used, so oil weeped up past the bolt.

So today, I attempted to remove and replace the bolts one at a time, adding the dope to each.

Maybe I screwed up and didn't take into account the now lubricated bolts, cause one snapped off before it would take 50 lbs of torque.

Has this ever happened to you guys (probably), and whats my best course of action to remove the bolt?

It is broken off just barely above the surface of the cylinder head.  My math says there is probably about 1/4 inch of bolt sticking through the other side of the head.
Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by Dino - Today at 04:55:26 PM
Sweet! Someone else told me it's s function as well so I ordered it. Do you have the overlays?
Aero Cars / Re: Banned from this site!
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 04:37:14 PM
Here is what Troy posted a while back (emphasis added):

Quote from: Troy on September 22, 2022, 06:21:40 PMIf your other devices can log in with the same account then the account itself is not blocked. You were most likely connected to a free wifi somewhere at one point and that network was blocked on the site due to Spam attacks (bad guys attacking the site - not you). Clear out cookies from this site in your browser and try again.

Troy

Aero Cars / Re: Banned from this site!
Last post by farm966 - Today at 03:44:59 PM
Same thing happened to me...
Paint, Body & Trim / Re: Need to change drivers sid...
Last post by b5blue - Today at 03:34:51 PM
Remove the door handle/armrest window crank and door card/liner. The upper door pad can stay. Undo the nut for the adjuster and screws to the mirror.  :2thumbs:
Paint, Body & Trim / Need to change drivers side re...
Last post by 70sixpkrt - Today at 03:03:17 PM
I need to change my drivers side remote mirror. What does it consist of? Taking the upper pad off? And then what? Thanks
Charger Discussion / Re: interesting Charger Fors...
Last post by RallyeMike - Today at 02:37:01 PM
Not set up for a fuel cell and any major race car modifications, so it's just some Saturday night hobby stock / bomber / claimer from a local track. Wonder if he'd sell it for claimer cost? 
Electric, Gauges, & Lights / Re: Neutral Safety Switch:
Last post by b5blue - Today at 01:57:15 PM
I think you check the level hot and running.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: interesting pictures , & s...
Last post by John_Kunkel - Today at 12:36:33 PM