News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic Discussion / Re: The most recognizable movi...
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - April 30, 2024, 05:10:51 PM
Yes, Pulp Fiction...

Pretty woman... Really? LOL

The Sound of Silence... The Graduated.

Althought these two more to the full movie than some particularly scene that I remember.
Quote from: armor64 on April 30, 2024, 07:50:31 AMwere the bolts branded at all? arp or anything like that? stock?

Factory (as far as I know) grade 8 bolts, which will be retired because at least some of them are probably stretched. The replacements are ARP.
Last post by timmycharger - April 30, 2024, 03:27:43 PM
Born to be wild on _____Easy Rider________
Pretty Woman on _Dumb and Dumber___(tux scene)_______ (too obvious LOL )
Unchained Melody on  Ghost_________
Old Time Rock and Roll on ___Risky Business__________
Bohemian Rhapsody on ____Waynes world____
You never can't tell on ___Pulp Ficton?_______
The sound of silence on ____Old School (will Farrell falls in pool)________
[/quote]
Charger Discussion / Re: What has been your longest...
Last post by Old Moparz - April 30, 2024, 02:05:55 PM
When I had my first 1969 Charger in the 80's I remember I had taken it to PA from NJ to a car show. Not too far, maybe a 90 minute trip one way. I did take it to Wildwood, NJ, a 3 hour drive to spend a long weekend there at the shore. I can't recall if I had driven it to Carlisle which would have been another 3 hour trip. It wasn't a very reliable car, the previous owner abused the crap out of it.

My 1969 Satellite went on a much longer trip in 1985. My girlfriend (now my wife) & I went to the Mopar Nationals in MI. After the show we decided to take an unplanned trip to kill time & headed north between the Great Lakes to Canada. From there we cruised through Ontario eastward & ended up at Niagara Falls. Spent some time there, then headed south through NY back home to NJ.

The whole trip was roughly 2000 miles & most of them done with the top down in this thing.....

By the way, these two photos are 37 or 38 years apart & with the same tires....LoL  :smilielol:
Last post by Nacho-RT74 - April 30, 2024, 01:54:08 PM
Well, if talking about songs related about movie's scenes, I think this is more recognizable:

Then we can fill this blank spaces with the movies:

Born to be wild on _____________
Pretty Woman on ___________ (too obvious LOL )
Unchained Melody on _________
Old Time Rock and Roll on _____________
Bohemian Rhapsody on ________
You never can't tell on __________
The sound of silence on ____________
Last post by Kern Dog - April 30, 2024, 01:17:43 PM
Oooops.
Sorry for the mistake and thank you for the correction.
Aero Cars / Re: Power brake booster advice...
Last post by cudavic - April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM
Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 30, 2024, 10:05:01 AMLast summer my booster crapped on my Daytona because of the same reason, leaking master. I shopped around and found the best kept secret on rebuilders.  Quick turn around and best price. Only thing I didn't like was he painted it gloss black and wrapped it in newspaper for shipping while the paint was wet! What a hassle to undo that! So if you use him, request not to have it painted! LQL!  Call Rick at 404-441-8167  WINGNUT
BTW, it works perfectly!

Thanks for your reply and information.
The are relatively close to me, so if I choose to go this route at least I can drop it off and pick it up myself.
Sincerely Vic
Last post by timmycharger - April 30, 2024, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on April 29, 2024, 10:54:40 PMThe song "Living in stereo" by the Cars....
I was playing Fast Times at Ridgemont High and my brother in law was passing through the hallway. When he heard the song, he screeched to a halt because THAT was when Phoebe Cates popped open her red bikini top with the water spraying in the background...

003febe.png

The correct song title was Moving in Stereo.

Figured you would appreciate the correction  :nana:

Considering that the intake bolts are threaded into cast iron that's not very thick, I'm surprised the book calls for 50 ft. lbs. I've seen the threads pulled out of the head more often than snapped bolts.
Aero Cars / Re: Power brake booster advice...
Last post by Wingnut426 - April 30, 2024, 10:05:01 AM
Last summer my booster crapped on my Daytona because of the same reason, leaking master. I shopped around and found the best kept secret on rebuilders.  Quick turn around and best price. Only thing I didn't like was he painted it gloss black and wrapped it in newspaper for shipping while the paint was wet! What a hassle to undo that! So if you use him, request not to have it painted! LQL!  Call Rick at 404-441-8167  WINGNUT
BTW, it works perfectly!