News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 AMX Body Work, will help the people doing there own bodywork.

Started by cudaken, October 23, 2005, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Ken did you fall off the face pf the earth again. playing with your race track.  :flame:  You need to contact me so we can get this car in paint and I can get it back.  We will be out of school soon and I want to drive the car over the summer. :icon_smile_cool:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

cudaken

Today I found one more dent, there a shocker. OH, whats another dent.

R 1/4 is in it second coat of primer and looks pretty good. I saw 2 small spots that will need some icing but they are real small. Most people would not see them.
I am back

cudaken

I hit the left side today as well. Make sure you blow off all the dust and hit lightly with 220 grit to knock off any over spray that may have gotton on to other parts of the car.

Got the roof in primer and the left side. Got to clean up the rear valances and block the right quarter one last time but ready for final sanding with 400 git.

Hood is ready to come off and underside painted. Just need some way to haul it to the Mopad.

Cuda Ken
I am back

41husk

Ken, I will have Eric get a hold of you, He has a truck.  I thought you were gonna call me to come get the hood yesterday?  Glad to see you made good progress!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

cudaken

Today was a bad day. Had another tooth fall apart. Right 1/4 looks ready for paint, same with roof and trunk. I wanted to get more done, put it is hurting pretty bad right now. Anyway they are in 400 grit, roof you can see a slight shine.

:icon_smile_dissapprove: Ken
I am back

AirborneSilva

lookin good Ken.  I guess after you go over it with the 400 grit you will see anything you might have missed :icon_smile_question:

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Ken this is Eric, are you ready for paint :icon_smile_question: All you have to do is let me know when you order it and I will go bye and pay for it. I am running out of school days and I will need them to put the car back together  :icon_smile_big:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 41husk on February 01, 2006, 09:29:13 AM

Ken this is Eric, are you ready for paint :icon_smile_question: All you have to do is let me know when you order it and I will go bye and pay for it. I am running out of school days and I will need them to put the car back together  :icon_smile_big:

Eric,

Drive over to Ken's house and inspect it in person.

I saw it Saturday.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

AmadeusCharger500

I have some parts questions for both Ken and Doc.
Ken- What is the part number for the 3m mask. Do you wear a different mask for sanding then for painting?
Doc- What kind of cutting wheel do you use. What type of disc and where do you get them.

My cutting wheel has always seemed a bit useless unless I treat it like a grinder. Thats about all it seems to do, push metal around. It takes a hell of lot time to actually cut something with it.

I will be starting a project soon and i would hope to have access to you guys when I do. Don't know if you remember Ken, but I talked ot you on the phone about 2 years ago and you helped me a great deal. You and Drop Top.

I used your advice for the glue and rivets on this fender patch, but had to have a pro do my quarters. I don't weld so good!

Anyway, I'm one of the happy board members who did almost all my own body work and painted the car in my driveaway, with no experience except the guys here. (Now don't anyone please say it looks like it) I know its not great, but it is a driver.

Heath

41husk

This message is for moparhound I will go bye  and look at the car.  But with all of the pics on the internet that he has posted I haven't felt the need to.  Also when I go the a steak house I order a steak and  they bring it to me when it is cooked. I don't run back in the kitchen and check to see if the cook is doing a good job.  I have faith that when the "professional"  hired to do the work, is doing a good job or I don't hire them. I am a school teacher, real-estate agent, I buy houses and rehab them, I coach 2 sports, and my wife is 6 months pregnant. I spend my off time selling showing or working on houses and don't get home until 8:00pm most nights. This is why when I took the car to ken I explained I wasn't goint to be there to babysit this project. And as far as the time issue goes you of all people should understand my concern.

Eric
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 41husk on February 08, 2006, 09:59:08 AM

This message is for moparhound I will go bye  and look at the car.  But with all of the pics on the internet that he has posted I haven't felt the need to.  Also when I go the a steak house I order a steak and  they bring it to me when it is cooked. I don't run back in the kitchen and check to see if the cook is doing a good job.  I have faith that when the "professional"  hired to do the work, is doing a good job or I don't hire them. I am a school teacher, real-estate agent, I buy houses and rehab them, I coach 2 sports, and my wife is 6 months pregnant. I spend my off time selling showing or working on houses and don't get home until 8:00pm most nights. This is why when I took the car to ken I explained I wasn't goint to be there to babysit this project. And as far as the time issue goes you of all people should understand my concern.

Eric

I hear you on the time issue. 

Given the difficulties, and what I heard, a visit sounds like a good idea.

This 'HOUND will move on, I have no dog in this fight. (pun intended)

Take care,

-MOPARHOUND
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

41husk

Ken, have you set up a booth to shoot Eric's car in?  Let me know if you need me to set up that booth I used.  I don't know what he will charge to rent it but I am sure it would be reasonable.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

T16

Awesome thread  :2thumbs:

Will try to do my own bodywork.. and this really helps a lot. :icon_smile_big:

cudaken

This is a big bump! But I think it will help some of the people here! I will all so add it is one of the reason I gave up on cars for 8 years!

Long story made short, Eric came up to pick up the AMX and did not take it to the body shop I had arranged for uses of the booth. He said the traffic was to bad!  :shruggy: I used or spent $500.00 or so in supplies and never saw a dime!

He took it to another shop and had it sprayed and was told it came out pretty good.

41 Husk and Eric are no longer friends, but Allen and I still are!  :2thumbs:

What I did wrong? I was going to do the car in 1 month, pretty much a Wham Bam Thank You Mam. But I could not do it to a AMX so I took 4 months. What can I say?  :shruggy:

I hope this bump will help some people here.

I have found renew interest in saving my 68 Road Runner that I have owned for 40 years now. The AMX is one of the reason the Mopar Fire went out.

As you can see she will need some TLC.

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Charger%20Site/1-RoadRunner001_zpsa90dc966.jpg.html]

Main thing is getting her going again and I am working on that!

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Charger%20Site/1-RoadRunner004_zpsb1b19b3f.jpg.html]

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Charger%20Site/06-14-01_zps9b2a1a40.jpg.html]

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Charger%20Site/1-7-04-1_zpsd44959c6.jpg.html]

I will add I was mussed and dishearten that when the AMX pictures where taken, my beard had no white in it!  :brickwall: Getting Old Sucks!  :lol:

Cuda Ken
I am back

ws23rt

Getting old does sucks but we can take it. The kids can't

cdr

i dont know you,but i am glad to hear about the fire under your butt,  :smilielol:  it will be nice to see a picture of you driving your roadrunner down the road.  :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

AirborneSilva

Ken!!!  Wow, I haven't heard from you in forever!  Glad your back on the forum and have rekindled the fire  :2thumbs:

cudaken

Yep, it feels good to be back. Looking forward to getting some paint fumes in my nose again.

Now where did I leave my paint guns?  :shruggy:

Cuda Ken
I am back