News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What year switch is this?

Started by whitehatspecial, February 07, 2006, 01:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitehatspecial

I am looking for a headlight switch for my '68. What year/model switch is the one pictured? It has the following numbers on it  2864 134 36003
                                       0  1  6  8 
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

JimShine

It is a 1968-9 Charger headlight swiitch with the built on vacuum switch for the headlight doors. It is exactly what you need.

JimShine

That tan thing is the vacuum switch. Behind what you see is the nipples to connect the hoses. When instaled it sets the hose harness beside the electrcal terminals. That actually will remove and leave you a plain metal switch. The plastic is only for the vacuum part.

whitehatspecial

If you look closely at the picture the center section of the electrical toggle switch has a rectangular tan section. That's what I'm referring to.
Cars owned:

JimShine

I see what you mean. I thought that was caused by the flash. Can you get a better picture?

whitehatspecial

Maybe this picture will show it better.
Cars owned:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Almost looks like someone wore off the chrome on that badboy or painted over it.

Try typing in your  # 2864134 here.......68-69 switch

http://www.lightningjar.com/cars/%20mopar/decoders/partnumbers/
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

To me it looks like a piece of masking tape on it. Look at the lower left corner where it looks like they didn't get it trimmed off quite right.On the right outer area it is indeed worn.

whitehatspecial

Just 6T9 Charger.

I think you're right. I guess the plastic is that tan color before the piece is plated, so what I'm seeing is the bare plastic. The chrome must have worn off and someone took an Exacto knife and cut out the rectangular area.

Does anyone sell or make a replacement chrome toggle?
Cars owned:

whitehatspecial

Does anyone replate rocker switches or sell replacements?
Cars owned:

doitmopar

;D Try this web site.www.mrgusa.com , they recrome plastic and they do a great job. ;D