News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

red brake light on dash

Started by jefferson, August 12, 2018, 08:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

jefferson

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 14, 2018, 06:07:20 AM
This thread....

i understand mate and i do apologise.

Thanks for the detailed reply Nacho-RT74 . Much appreciated.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: jefferson on August 14, 2018, 07:11:55 AM

[img]

i understand mate and i do apologise.

Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll let it slide. This time.

70 sublime

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 14, 2018, 05:59:28 AM
Correct. That is up to 68 in all Mopars ( can't tell other brands )

1st step of light switch turn on all parking lights and sidemarkers. Also cluster illumination aside shifter light, radio faceplate, AC-HEATER knobs light, ashtray light. Everything of this interior lights are controled by the dimmer wheel on dash, but still turned on by the lights switch.

2nd step of light switch lift up the headlights doors, turn on the headlights ( low or highs depending of your floor swicth selector ) and turns off JUST the front parking lighs. Rest remains on

As mentioned, since 69 this was changed adding a jumper wire to the lights switch harness/plug to keep the front parking lights on on 2nd step being sourced from the rear/sides circuit to the front circuit no matter if switch cut the front circuit. This allowed to keep same switch on both years.

Just remember 69 Chargers did not have side marker lights just reflectors so it did not really matter about that part
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Nacho-RT74

True!

And 70 switch should be the same switch setup just without the vacuum system attached... right?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

nvrbdn

Right, 70 used electric motor where 69 and 68 used vacuum to open the headlight doors.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House