News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970Moparmann's Superbird - Continuous questions.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 11, 2013, 10:45:23 AM
Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on April 09, 2013, 07:14:20 AM
That is a beauty :drool5:  Which one to drive will be the hard question. Both of your cars are incredible. Hope to see them is person soon.

I hope to be in Joliet in August guys so we should meet up? What do you think? I will be having Mopar withdrawl as my car will be at home in Canada :lol:

What are the dates again??   Looks like in August will be at the Nationals since it is dedicated to Wing cars. :2thumbs:  Hope it doesn't overlap.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on April 11, 2013, 03:13:59 PM
Mine should be on the road by the end of May...so for sure. Love talking with fellow Mopar brothers :yesnod:

Can't wait to see it! :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 12, 2013, 01:44:46 PM
Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on April 11, 2013, 03:13:59 PM
Mine should be on the road by the end of May...so for sure. Love talking with fellow Mopar brothers :yesnod:

Can't wait to see it! :2thumbs:

Still trying to figure that out Mike....I know it wont be August 17 w/e as MOPARFEST is on here in Ontario....when is Nats? Too lazy to look it up :lol:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1970Moparmann

Just heard some bad news - to me.  My car was owned by man named Kirk (died last year), and a family friend sold it to the member I purchased it from.  I've went through the family friend to get with the wife and try and get some facts about the car - and she wants nothing to do with getting together.  The car has been in the same family since 1985...... My next step is to do a visit to Michigan to some addresses of companies that worked on the car and see if they can offer anything.  What a puzzle......

Xenon

Sooo, where is Kirk now....?

Did wife say why she didn't want anything to do with that car...?

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Xenon on April 25, 2013, 06:46:36 PM
Sooo, where is Kirk now....?

Did wife say why she didn't want anything to do with that car...?

Unfortunately Kirk Banks passed away last year.  From what I gather, Kirk wasn't much into fixing or doing anything to the car and had shops do the work. 

The wife could be still mourning his loss... not sure.

Here is a picture of Kirk with the car for the Michigan members that may have any knowledge of Kirk or the car-

rnjump

Mike, It seems like somebody would know something. These cars are too rare to go unnoticed. I would bet since he didn't turn wrenches on the car that the local shops would know what happened to the engine. Good Luck on the search.

tan top

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 25, 2013, 05:37:53 PM
Just heard some bad news - to me.  My car was owned by man named Kirk (died last year), and a family friend sold it to the member I purchased it from.  I've went through the family friend to get with the wife and try and get some facts about the car - and she wants nothing to do with getting together.  The car has been in the same family since 1985...... My next step is to do a visit to Michigan to some addresses of companies that worked on the car and see if they can offer anything.  What a puzzle......

interesting  stuff  :yesnod:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

pettybird

wait a year and try again, methinks.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: pettybird on April 26, 2013, 09:55:35 AM
wait a year and try again, methinks.

Yep, I will.   Detective work will continue... :cheers:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: rnjump on April 25, 2013, 09:09:43 PM
   Mike, It seems like somebody would know something. These cars are too rare to go unnoticed. I would bet since he didn't turn wrenches on the car that the local shops would know what happened to the engine. Good Luck on the search.

Rex, I agree.  Grand Rapids is a decent size city, but not that big.  Some Mopar guys should have had some conversations with Kirk and might be able to offer some details.  :popcrn:

1970Moparmann

Spent some time on the Bird yesterday :2thumbs:

-De-greasing 43 year old grease and dirt (engine compartment to rear wheels) - Check
-Good wash - Check
-Wax - Check
-Also got my Christmas gift on the car!

Based a recommendation used "Awesome" degreaser from Dollar Store (2 bottles), and then Simple Green.   Came out a lot better than what I thought.  The paint came back to life also.   With how things turned out, I decided that I'm going to get the drivable now, and keep it this way for a year or two before it goes to the original color. :2thumbs:

This week, tear the front of the engine apart, replace the water pump, maybe timing chain, and paint radiator, fan, water pump housing and brackets. :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Looking good Mike..
The cleaning, tinkering and improving are always fullfiling projects..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

there is not to many thinks I really hate  but those stupid spring universal radiator hoses are so ugly   :icon_smile_big:

Looking good   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on April 29, 2013, 08:38:07 AM
there is not to many thinks I really hate  but those stupid spring universal radiator hoses are so ugly   :icon_smile_big:

Stuart, it's coming off in about three days!  Can't stand seeing it anymore also.   :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 29, 2013, 09:08:57 AM
there is not to many thinks I really hate  but those stupid spring universal radiator hoses are so ugly   :icon_smile_big:

Looking good   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Stuart, it's coming off in about three days!  Can't stand seeing it anymore also.   :nana:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  i'm not really a detail guy but those things drive me crazy  for some reason .   I even really liked the white top on it  .

hemi68charger

We'll all start looking for the proper '70 valve covers for you too.....  :2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 29, 2013, 09:59:26 AM

We'll all start looking for the proper '70 valve covers for you too.....  :2thumbs:
doesnt AMD make those now 

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on April 29, 2013, 10:01:00 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on April 29, 2013, 09:59:26 AM

doesnt AMD make those now 

I'm sure. but if we can find good originals.........
Troy

WINGIN IT

I agree with these guys , looking good man.
Also agree with Stu on the white vinyl top, looked good with the red IMO, and the rad hose, glad it's coming off  ;)

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on April 29, 2013, 09:57:46 AM
 I even really liked the white top on it  .

I washed the car yesterday and noticed a few chips in the paint already.  It may start flaking quicker with some summer heat....

rnjump

Mike, I still have your Dana rear end. It will be here til you need it.

moparstuart

Quote from: rnjump on April 29, 2013, 05:35:12 PM
 Mike, I still have your Dana rear end. It will be here til you need it.
I will come get it and store it for him and then just give it a little exercise  :icon_smile_big:

1970Moparmann

Can you guys tell in this picture if I have the correct hood latch?