News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing wiper motor.

Started by Canadian1968, January 20, 2015, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I am removing everything from the engine bay for painting . To get the wiper motor off (3-speed) I need to remove bolts from under the dash . The book says to remove crank rod nut.  But when I look up under the dash I see 2 bolts on a bracket with the rod goin threw the center . I don't see or fell a nut on the rod itself.  I think I am supposed to remove the 2 nuts correct ? This should let me pull the rod down ? Then remove boots from engine bay

Mopar Nut

On a 2nd gen Charger. Disconnect battery, unplug wipe motor wiring, remove crank rod nut from under the dash and remove the three mounting nuts from under the hood. Be careful not to drop the crank rod nut and when removing motor, be careful not to damage the mounting studs and motor gasket.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

oldcarnut

Heres the view from under my 70 RR w/3spd I took today.

Canadian1968

hmmm thats not what mine looks like I will see if I can get get a picture tomorrow

VegasCharger

Is this the view that you're talking about? If so that's one of the pivots and not the main motor. You did say two bolts which led me beileve that this could be it.

Mopar Nut

Here's the pivot that VegasCharger is showing in the blue circle and the wiper motor mounted in the red circle.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Canadian1968

Yes ! That's what I am looking at .   :yesnod:
So I am just lookin at the wrong spot ! Ok well I think it will be clear once I get under there again!! Thanks guys

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pretty sure you can get to the center nut from under the hood after you take off the 3 motor mounting nuts by pulling motor forward....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

The red circle in Mopar Nut's pic is the linkage attached to the wiper motor from under the dash.
See the round gold colored clip in the center of the pic? Remove it by lifting the tab & sliding it off. Underneath will be a thin washer and a plastic cam spacer. Remove those and the whole arm will disconnect from the motor.
Then remove the 3 nuts holding on the wiper motor from inside the engine compartment. Then, lift and remove the wiper motor.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce