News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEY DATONALO!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by DoubleDlover, February 08, 2007, 01:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

ok. all these exact reproductiosn your making.. How about getting the MOST!!!!  sought after part we ALL!!!!!!!!! need.... real or clone birds... THose damm REAR WINDOW MOLDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me you can get them made. You can right?????

PocketThunder

Thread Hijack >>  Double D Lover.... :smilielol:   thats the second best handle on the internet!   :yesnod:   :smilielol:

Back to your regularly scheduled program... ;D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

If someone would step forward with a perfect set of originals that they could loan out for a year or so, I'll bet that Metro would step up and have some made. The original parts would have to be shipped overseas to produce tooling. Of course someone might have to step up and pre-order a couple of hundred sets or so. And, I'm not sure that you would ever see the original moldings returned.  Sounds easy enough.
The second choice is to use the method mentioned on here a few weeks ago and make a set that while not looking identical to the originals, they would at least work.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

sunroofsuperbird

i WOULD BE UP FOR A SET AT GOOD PRICE.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

THE CHARGER PUNK

DoubleDlover

I wonder why he talks abotu all the other stuff. But hasent said a pep about these parts. .whats up daytonalo guy???

Troy

I'd like to point out that "we all" don't need/want Superbird rear window trim. ;)

Larry doesn't have a Superbird to practice on the last time I checked but I'm positive he'd devote more attention to them if someone were to loan him one for "testing" purposes. :P He was able to do the front trim because it is the same shape as the Daytona.

As for why he isn't posting - I hope it's because he's out in the shop making cool stuff!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Daytona Guy

Correct my ignorance on this point, but if these are so needed, why doesn't someone just take a set of Charger rear window trim and add those 4" to the sides by using a donor charger trim piece; clean them up, polish them to be virtually undetectable? It would not be heard to do.

Troy

Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 08, 2007, 08:02:07 PM
Correct my ignorance on this point, but if these are so needed, why doesn't someone just take a set of Charger rear window trim and add those 4" to the sides by using a donor charger trim piece; clean them up, polish them to be virtually undetectable? It would not be heard to do.
Someone just did that and posted it but the name escapes me. That was for a Daytona though - I got the impression that "birds" meant Superbird. Oh, and DoubleDlover posted this before:
Quote from: DoubleDlover on January 27, 2007, 04:15:58 AM
HI. Im building a superbird. I need superbird parts. Does anyone have anything??? any parts at all?? real ones?? I have a coupel things but need many parts. ron
I could be wrong of course.

Edit: I found the rear window trim thread by Daytona R/T SE
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21596.0.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

QuoteAs for why he isn't posting - I hope it's because he's out in the shop making cool stuff!

i hope he's in his shop working on my nose . Rene   ;D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 08, 2007, 08:15:44 PM
QuoteAs for why he isn't posting - I hope it's because he's out in the shop making cool stuff!

i hope he's in his shop working on my nose . Rene ;D

And, I've been out in the shop working on your z-braces.  ;D

Charles Addams

69_500

Well having grown up overseas, in Asia I do have a few connections at fabrication shops over there. I've often discussed with them about reproducing the A pillar moldings for 500/Daytona's. Only thing is the minimum order is 100 pairs. I don't have the coin to do it or I would.

sunroofsuperbird

I hope hes working on my A pillar trim
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

62 Max

There is a limited audiance for wing car parts.Not everyone needs them and in most cases it is not cost effective to produce something that will not sell enough to recover the initial tooling,manufacturing and marketing  cost and still make a profit. If you add the number of Superbirds and Daytons built.The overall total is quite small.Unless everyone is building clones [and that number would have to be substantial] the  consensis would generally be,why bother!: :scratchchin:

hotrod98

In other words... "Don't quit your day job".  ;D

The parts that I build, I build for the fun of it. I just try to help others out with their projects and in doing so will certainly be helped by others. In fact, thanks to others on this site, I have already obtained a wealth of information and have saved a lot of money on parts for my projects.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

At this point , the only thing I will sell is a-pillar trim , not enough interest on the scissor jacks

hotrod98

I could list them on my web-site for you along with the a-pillar trims, if that would help.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

You can put my scissor jack's with handles as well . thank you

hotrod98

Send me the pics and info regarding pricing. The website is starting to get a little more traffic lately. I just need to take advantage of it. There aren't enough hours in the day.
Dragracing season is here and our new racecar isn't half finished.

Charles Addams