News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by doctor4766 - Today at 12:35:39 AM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 06, 2024, 12:24:28 PMNot really a "traffic" ticket because it's not a moving violation, but the cops in my state love to write citations for tinted windows deemed too dark. The law says "Front-side windows must allow over 70% of light to be transmitted. This restricts tint to 30% or lighter."  How the hell does a cop determine this?
They write the ticket and it's up to you to prove it's not too dark.  :shruggy:

A lot of police carry either meters that test VLT (visible light transmittance) or a card they can slip behind the film to check how dark it is.

I use the same meter to check if what I'm about to tint is legal or not with my film.
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:32:36 AM
I guess that some people haven't heard about the attempts to end internal combustion engines?
Can there actually be car guys that haven't noticed this?
States that have placed goals where NO new internal combustion engine vehicles can be bought, sold or registered by a certain date? In California, that is 2035. That is 11 years from now. Do you think that this state, the one that has an overburdened electrical system already...can somehow be fortified enough to tolerate a sudden explosion of additional demand from millions of new vehicles?
Many people are waking up to the reality that electric cars are not better for the environment than internal combustion cars but THAT is a whole other topic.
My point was that as gasoline car owners, we must band together to fight oppression from bad policies like electric vehicle mandates.
Drive your car, have fun with it. Speak up against unfair and illegitimate mandates.
Aero Cars / Re: Broadcast Sheet Code Excep...
Last post by taxspeaker - Yesterday at 11:59:56 PM
Thanks guys
Parts & Accessories For Sale / '68/'69 Headlight Door Electri...
Last post by Topher - Yesterday at 08:49:24 PM
I've put together an electric conversion kit for the headlight doors on these Chargers. The kit includes color picture instructions, all hardware, 2 actuators ready to mount and a control box that has 3 wires to hook up. No modifications required to install this kit.

Price is $300 plus shipping.

Topher

980 329 5938
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by 73rallye440magnum - Yesterday at 08:03:59 PM
Quote from: lloyd3 on May 08, 2024, 12:47:53 PM... Another component of this is the fact that the people that helped me restore this car are mostly all gone now and what has replaced them (at least here in Colorado) are simply not that good IMHO.

I'll likely keep it and enjoy it for several years more, but the day is coming where I'll have to hand it off to somebody. I just hoping for a good situation when that time comes.

Consider giving a nod to those who offered a hand in restoring. Drive it.

I'm 20 minutes south of Pueblo. Reach out any time if I can help.
719-469-145 eight.
Last post by hemi-hampton - Yesterday at 07:11:19 PM
Don't know about Superbirds but as far as I know only cars shipped & sold to California when new got the N95. As far as I know the only thing different with their exhaust is it had to have turned down tips. Leon.
Charger Discussion / Re: 1969 charger fender tag co...
Last post by hemigeno - Yesterday at 06:27:13 PM
Posting a pic of the tag you found online with one (or both) of those codes would be a good place to start.  That will give us some context.

There are several members here who can help.
Last post by hemigeno - Yesterday at 06:21:15 PM
Hi Bob,

I'll have to do more digging to find the answer (if it's in my paperwork anyway).

I'd be only guessing otherwise. 

:cheers:
Aero Cars / Re: Daytona XX29L9B383263 -V2-...
Last post by hemigeno - Yesterday at 06:18:39 PM
Not sure
Quote from: RallyeMike on May 08, 2024, 07:43:57 PMLooks like a really solid car.

I wonder what the fender tag code is for a green 727?

I'm not sure of the green reference - Fender tag and Broadcast Sheet both state V2 Hemi Orange...

Did I miss the reference here?
 :shruggy:

Agree that this is a solid car with some good documentation to go with it. 
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by 426HemiChick - Yesterday at 04:04:08 PM
09 May 2024

To us, it's a matter of what one likes and wants. The newer stuff with all the modern electronics are good for as long as those electronics have replacements available. Once that dries up, the car becomes a host for scavenging usable parts. Our 2000 Ford interceptor is a good example, still scrounging new parts. This is getting expensive. We want the car so we are willing to fork over what it takes. Like everything, there is a limit, just haven't reached it yet.

Best Always
426 HC's