News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want to see your 71-72 chargers!!

Started by KillerBee1972, December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

Quote from: 1RareBird on December 04, 2008, 01:18:06 PM
Personally I wouldn't hook it back up again.  I've worked with the Gen VII system and have had much better results.  If I recall correctly you were running the Tech II?  You may consider upgrading to the newer Tech III which does allow wideband O2 useage where the old Tech II didn't.  The only problem with the upgrade would be the coil packs are on 2 separate blocks, as opposed to the Tech II where all 4 coils are mounted on one.  Just out of curiousity, what were your issues with it that made you change to a carb?

Here's the same motor with the Gen VII.  It was a pretty easy swap.

:drool5:That is one SWEEEET set up you got there!!! I might have to think on doing sumthing like that!!! :scratchchin:
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

71 RT

Not trying to redirect anybody, but I have a number of 71 Chargers, practically every color and option, pictured on my website.  If you care to take a look at a bunch of 1971 R/Ts.  Go to the web site below, and click on "Photos of other 71 R/Ts", and "More photos" on the far left side.  Hope this helps!

www.1971chargerrt.com 

KillerBee1972

Quote from: 71 RT on December 04, 2008, 04:35:46 PM
Not trying to redirect anybody, but I have a number of 71 Chargers, practically every color and option, pictured on my website.  If you care to take a look at a bunch of 1971 R/Ts.  Go to the web site below, and click on "Photos of other 71 R/Ts", and "More photos" on the far left side.  Hope this helps!

www.1971chargerrt.com 

Beautiful Chargers!!!! Love all of the four speeds!!!!!

HKCharger

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on December 03, 2008, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM
I need some ideas of stuff to do with my 72 charger, whether to put SOME modern technology in or keep factory??? interior stuff, paint, graphics, engines etc.!!!!

What about white stripes ?

what size rear tires are those?

mikesbbody

Im pretty sure Pete has 275/60/15's on the back (BFG'S) but if im wrong im sure he will chime in. Dont know about the goodyears though.

KS71owner

RallyeMike

:icon_smile_tongue: Wow.

I think I'll paint the 72 lime green next round.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

AKcharger

Quote from: KWS on December 03, 2008, 12:18:04 PM
My '72

Hey KWS, what is the cover for the woofers made out of...neat set up!

Oh, I have a '72 as well

1971SE440

Here is my 1971 SE 440. I just installed a Ramcharger hood and painted it flat black to match the front spoiler, rear go wing and rear window louvers.

Todd Wilson

Heres a pic of my 71. Few people seem to know I have a 71 as well as Frankie and Old Red.

No custom work. All restored stock. B7 and white vinyl top.

BROCK

Trimrings look great BeeMan :cheers:

KWS:  Never noticed the stripe before.  Sweet.  Did you ever get your felts straitened out?  I went
with Topcat Whiskers for my 72 SE & love them!

71SE440 Great Pose!  Love that car!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Foreman72

hey KWS...is it hard to shift that thing man  :lol: it looks like it could be potentially difficult at times...hey great music btw man...everytime i play @ a campfire i bring out blue on black  :yesnod: but that isn;t what this thread is about...sweet ride 2 man...i love the rear esp...sinister... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

JohnnyBee

General_01

Nice cars guys!!

Here is my '71 Superbee.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

KillerBee1972

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on December 03, 2008, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM
I need some ideas of stuff to do with my 72 charger, whether to put SOME modern technology in or keep factory??? interior stuff, paint, graphics, engines etc.!!!!

What about white stripes ?

White stripes are sweet idea but not for a yellow charger!

2much2learn

keep em comeing :popcrn:, us third gen guys are haveing a blast  :D
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

KillerBee1972

Here is what i came up with for the motor....

KillerBee1972

What do you all think?? Its pretty basic, 292 duration cam, air gap intake, 650 carb, hooker headers, flowmaster X-pipe exhaust, comp roller tip rockers, and MOPAR dress up!

Hemidoug

here's mine...it's a work in progress...R/T, 440 sixpack, 4 spd, super trac pac, Mr Norms car. First pic is how I found her back in 1980, then just before it's second trip to the body shop 2 years ago, then what she looks like now. By this time next week she should be painted and getting her stripes (wooohooo)!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Hemidoug

uud looz

mikesbbody

Uud looz, nice 72! Doug, correct me if im wrong but i seem to remember seeing your 71 (or one that looked just like it) on the carns in barns site? something about a divorce and the wife wouldnt let the husband get the charger back out of spite. It went on to say "someone" rescued her (was it you?) if so  :cheers: if its not the same car i wonder what happened to it...Looks awesome  :yesnod:

Hemidoug

Yep...that is my car...and the story behind it....

mikesbbody

Thanks Doug  :cheers: nice to know she's getting restored and that not every "cars in barns" story has a sad ending  :2thumbs:

KWS

Quote from: BROCK on December 13, 2008, 03:12:04 AM
Trimrings look great BeeMan :cheers:

KWS:  Never noticed the stripe before.  Sweet.  Did you ever get your felts straitened out?  I went
with Topcat Whiskers for my 72 SE & love them!

71SE440 Great Pose!  Love that car!

The stripe is a new addition.