News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Grille Removal Diagram. Please share?

Started by SFbullitt, December 08, 2006, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFbullitt

Can someone please post or direct me to a website that clearly has detailed instructions on how to remove the entire Grille assembly for a 69?

Thanks

Ghoste

The service manual procedure is not exactly detailed.  It says for removal, refer to figure 18.  Here is figure 18.

bear

i remember that this was posted a long time ago:
Grill Removal: if your new to charger work.. to remove the grill.. 1st open the hood up (leave the hood up) there is two bolts on on the left side and right side, remove these, now go into the front fender wheel well and look at the front there is 2 bolts that hole the grill to the fender, there is two more on the passenger side also in the same area.. if they don't move just use some PBC and WD-40 and soak them for alittle while, okay now you can two ways of doing this but this is my way, take the 6 bolts (well some might have 4) unscrew them from the front lower valance panel and before doing this they might be afew on the rad suport hold it there as while and remove them and the panel is free or should be, now loseing the front bumper up by unscrewing the big bolt heads at the frotn end of the frame, now there should be 2 bolts on the passenger side under the grill frame that bolts to the front fenders, they are 2 like this also on the driver side in the same area, if they don't move just hit them with PBC or WD-40 and let them soak for alittle while, now you can take and unbolt the front valance panel from the middle suport so that it doesn't bend it, now just take and loseing up the front fenders and make sure you got all the lights and vac lines unhook and take the grill out of the charger..
hope this helps

SFbullitt

Thanks, this is just what I needed.  Much appreciated.