News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BB owners - Engine Bay Pics??

Started by 69bananabeast, November 18, 2005, 02:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Can some of you big block owners show me some pics of your engine bay? im not quite sure where the coil mounts up to or where to put the wires for temp gauge?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Orange_Crush

Here you go.  This is from a relatively untouched '70 Charger 4-speed non A/C car.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

694spdRT

Here is a shot of mine.

Coil goes as you can see in the picture. The temperature gauge wire is contained in the engine harness and runs along the right side of the engine along the intake manifold and valve cover. The wire has a push on end and it goes to a sending unit that screws in the front of the water pump housing. You will find it directly behind the alternator bracket...in fact there is a hole in the bracket to allow access to the sender.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69bananabeast

coil looks like it moutns to intake?   if so i've got an aftermarket so wouldnt it be different?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Blown70

Quote from: 69bananabeast on November 18, 2005, 03:17:17 PM
coil looks like it moutns to intake?     if so i've got an aftermarket so wouldnt it be different?

If  you can not mount it there you could put it on the inner fender?  you may be able to use and existing braket or make one so you do not have to drill a hole.

Tom

Just 6T9 CHGR

Usually an aftermarket intake wil give you a provision to mount the coil on a Mopar.

Im running a vintage Edelbrock CH4B....the coil is in a different location than the stock manifold that Ty is running
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

triple_green

There are threads in the stock intake that the coil strap bolt into.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Todd Wilson

ChgrSteve67

My aftermarker Edlebrock performer 383 intake had the coil bolt hole in the same place as my old intake, right in front of the carburetor.

My temperature sensor wire runs between the two heater core hoses.
I have been meaning to replace the two off colored zip ties with black ones.

The other wire going across the top of the valve cover is my Tach wire, haven't figured a good place to run it yet.
I had though about running it across the top of the intake manifold with my electronic ignition wires.

The wire management I got at my local automotive store (Kragens), cost about $40 for the risers and tubing.

Mefirst

Here is what my engine bay looks like.. I need to take a new pic though, Ive cleaned it up even more.. I really like the aluminium race look..

/Tom

Charger4404spd

Heres my stock 440. I had to modify the coil bracket just a bit to clear the holley.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger4404spd on November 18, 2005, 06:42:13 PM
Heres my stock 440. I had to modify the coil bracket just a bit to clear the holley.
There is a company called fabulous Fabrications that makes a coil bracket just fot this.  They also make a nice dual feed fuel line for the Holley.  I am running one.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger4404spd

Yeah I know Chris, I called and called, left message after message. No one ever returned my calls. So as you can see, I made my own fuel lines, and it cost less than $10, compared to them wanting I believe $35.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yeah I think thats how much it was...looking at yours it looks like mine....just $25 less :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Here is a picture of a stock engine in my Charger.
In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Mefirst on November 18, 2005, 06:19:05 PM
Here is what my engine bay looks like.. I need to take a new pic though, Ive cleaned it up even more.. I really like the aluminium race look..

/Tom

You using a small block radiator?

Todd

plum500

Some BBs apparently came with a 22".... mine's got one... thought the same thing about mine at first..  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Same in mine.  I wish it was the bigger one. :)

69bananabeast

Thanks guys I think I got what I needed
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 493Charger on November 18, 2005, 10:56:12 PM
Here is a picture of a stock engine in my Charger.

Stock??!!?? :haha: :haha: :drive: :drive:

Teeterinig on a 10 sec 1/4 mile......I want a "stock" engine like yours :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Stock exterior physical dimensions maybe????  ;D