News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Carb for 69 440 Daytona

Started by Speedfreak, April 20, 2013, 04:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Mr Katter did the one I sent him for my charger also.  Although the majority of the people who use him have had great success, I had lean running issues with mine.  I sent it back to him and it still was not running right.  Very nice and tried to help me through all the issues over the phone so I really can not complain about his customer service, just that I couldn't get my carb to run right at all.  Maybe it was a bad core?  Who knows. :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

maxwellwedge

Dick has a lot of cores and is a good guy but I have found Scott's carbs work better out of the box as well.

Speedfreak

Hopefully I will have nothing to complain about.  A lot of guys on Moparts swear by Katter's work as being the best, so lets hope it works out.

resq302

Thats surprising since Scott Smith is a huge person over on that board too!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto