News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEED HELP...Don't want to miss car show Holley Leaking

Started by MoparMotel, June 03, 2013, 12:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Hey guys I need some advice...There is a car show this coming Saturday that I want to take my car to. I have a Holley Aluminum 770 Street Avenger Part number is I think 85770.

Got it all dialed in last weekend but noticed that the Front fuel bowl sight glass window is dripping gas on the manifold. It is leaking from around the sight glass. I was just planning on purchasing the gasket or O-Ring behind the sight glass but Holley said I can't because it is vacuum pressed in and I have to ship it back to them and they will most likely replace the front fuel bowl under warranty but there is no way I will have it back by Saturday. Is there anything I can do besides just purchasing a new front bowl?

Thanks I appreciate it!
1968 Dodge Charger

JB400

I think buying a fuel bowl would be your best bet unless you have another carb to stick on it.  Trying to fix the fuel bowl yourself would just void the warranty on your carb.

Cooter

Hmmm, wonder why Holley would do that? Never hadda problem with my old skool Screws and gaskets. Some of mine are at least 30 years old.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on June 03, 2013, 05:39:36 AM
Hmmm, wonder why Holley would do that? Never hadda problem with my old skool Screws and gaskets. Some of mine are at least 30 years old.
Change you can believe in

Paul G

Craigslist is your friend. See if someone local has a 750 for sale cheap, pick it up and only use the front bowl on your carb while your bowl is off for repair.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

MoparMotel

Got busy with work and haven't even messed with the car. Went to the Pismo Beach Classic car show this weekend, it was awesome! probably 800-1000 classic cars they shut down all the streets in downtown Pismo and line them with classic cars. While this is mostly a GM and Ford show, there were a few mopars. Some nice Road Runners and Challengers, quite a few were Hemi's. Also a really cherry Hemi Superbird. Only 1 68-70 Charger, a gray restomod/pro touring car that didn't have much that was original.

Will have to see if I got any pics of them.
1968 Dodge Charger