News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone attending monster mopar in indy this weekend?

Started by held1823, June 24, 2013, 10:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

TheAutoArchaeologist

69 DAYTONA

BPTRacing

well "my" aero car (clone) is still a long way from being completed, I am working on getting a friend loan me his ProStreet bird (clone)for the weekend. Unfortunately all that means is it will be parked at the base of the Parks tower since I will have little or no time over the weekend to be anywhere other than the announcers booth!
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

held1823

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on June 24, 2013, 10:22:26 PM
...I'm going Fri/Sat...Challenger SRT

which one, the daily driver?

i can only go on saturday, so hopefully the 90 degree weather has moved out by then.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

I will not be there this year   :bawling:

The NHRA national event in Joliet, IL is this weekend.

Hope Monster is a good one! 
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

pettybird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 25, 2013, 08:39:37 AM
I will not be there this year   :bawling:

The NHRA national event in Joliet, IL is this weekend.

Hope Monster is a good one! 

national events>crappy mopar shows

I'd go to Joliet, too.

69_500

Closest show to my house and I think I am going to miss it this year. Kid had another baseball tournament this weekend.

avengnce

Not going to be in the Daytona nor my coronet , but Ill be there!
68 Coronet 440 w/ 440
69 Daytona w/ 440  ( Dads)

Hoser2455

Can't go in my bird.  Got about another month before it is completed.  Might show up Friday just to look around.  Can't go Saturday.

70EK2Bird

Loading up my car tonight and will be on my way in the morning.  Scott Spirakes is bringing his limelight bird also. 

held1823

indy - the most hallowed quarter mile on the planet. and the fastest vehicle to travel it today.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

i snapped a grand total of ONE wing car photo before i decided to not ruin the camera. poor dan had just finished drying it off, moments before the next downpour hit. i didn't get a single shot of the newly restored hemi bird parked next to him, nor any of the other two birds (pat's and scott's) that i saw before nearly drowning.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Indygenerallee

I wanted to go (only a 40 minute drive from my house) but have way too much stuff to do this weekend plus the weather is terrible!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

that sucks. guess it screwed up the drag racing for the weekend. hope the guys that went had a good time anyway. this was a bad weekend for them with illinois having the street machine nationals this weekend.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

yep, monster mopar is in indy. st louis went for the mega mopar show instead.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

WINGIN IT

Quote from: held1823 on June 29, 2013, 10:53:45 PM
i snapped a grand total of ONE wing car photo before i decided to not ruin the camera. poor dan had just finished drying it off, moments before the next downpour hit. i didn't get a single shot of the newly restored hemi bird parked next to him, nor any of the other two birds (pat's and scott's) that i saw before nearly drowning.

I thought all Y2 Daytonas had BLACK wings. Never seen a factory white wing car.
Nice lookin  :2thumbs:

TheAutoArchaeologist

WINGIN IT

Looked like a good time, thanks for posting some more pics Ryan.   :2thumbs:

BPTRacing

Got to play with a "fat tire" toy! Weather kept me from driving it too much.

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

1970Moparmann

A lot of crappy weather this past weekend.  Was in Southern IL for Street Machine Nationals, and got lucky with nice weather.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: BPTRacing on July 02, 2013, 07:55:42 AM

I have a video of your wife jumping head first in through the passenger side window.....

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: BPTRacing on July 02, 2013, 07:55:42 AM

I was checking that car out @ Route 66 Raceway in Joliet on Thursday!  I remember when it was for sale a while back, I lost a lot of drool...but couldn't bring myself to sell the Daytona for it.

AWESOME car!  Who owns it now?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)