News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemi charger 500 project car on facebook 45 k

Started by moparstuart, July 02, 2013, 06:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 06, 2013, 04:50:53 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 05, 2013, 06:59:25 PM
Quote from: WB General Lee on July 05, 2013, 06:19:25 PM
100K to restore unless you do it yourself. Then when you take it to someone it will sit for a year until you tow it to another shop. Not worth it at all.

I'm sure whoever buys it will do it themselves. Guys with lots of $$ know its cheaper/easier to buy a turn key and that's what happens these days.

Car in question worst case 7-10k in metal,$5k paint materials,~3k interior, motor is all there and ready to assemble if i read it correctly. Then figures another 5k in drive train/suspension, 2k wheels/tires.

45 k for the car and 25k so lets say 35k to be safe.
If you got it for 35k you'd probably have it on the road for $70k if you do most of it yourself.

Your restoration figures are waaaaay low. I've spent more than your 35K estimate on my 68 Charger. Keep in mind that my body was already done & I've done nearly everything myself. You may ask where the dough went, but I've got every penny logged. A hundred here and another 200 there adds up to a thousand pretty quickly, and it just doesn't stop.

I believe you, but yours is a 100% oem correct resto right ?

I was not figuring on a 100% oem restoration as we all know those restos cost double what the car is worth in todays day and age. $500 nos spark plug wires,and 100 % date coded parts were not in my calculation :P

If you saw the rust pile my 70 r/t was when I started. I have all the metal work done and a new interior,vinyl top,engine,repro trim,bumper ect and with purchase price i'm at 25k.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 06, 2013, 11:33:23 AM

I believe you, but yours is a 100% oem correct resto right ?

I was not figuring on a 100% oem restoration as we all know those restos cost double what the car is worth in todays day and age. $500 nos spark plug wires,and 100 % date coded parts were not in my calculation :P

If you saw the rust pile my 70 r/t was when I started. I have all the metal work done and a new interior,vinyl top,engine,repro trim,bumper ect and with purchase price i'm at 25k.

My car is all stock & is very, very nice, but I decided not to go the route of NOS date coded everything. Have you gone through a complete front end lately? If you purchase quality parts and go the full route, it's not hard to spend close to $1,500.00-$1,800.00 for everything, including complete brakes & steering gearbox rebuild. And we're not talking NOS date coded pieces here.

ws23rt

Those that are going for 100% oem correct know they will never see the return on their investment. If they don't than someone needs to pull them
aside and have a chat about waking thought vs dreaming thought.
I see that pursuit as like a dog show. It is for the trophy and bragging rights. (well the dogs get old and die but :shruggy:)
For us 95% ers we just want something like new or better to enjoy, drive, and show cause we like these things.
Now if someone comes along and wants to enjoy our car in their driveway they should pay for that like we did when we made it like it is.
So now I'm dreaming :P

Ghoste

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

69_500

Stu I looked for it today but did not see it. Will have to get over there tomorrow.

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

Danny             ROW I  like space 29 maybe   ???

very rough car

charger_fan_4ever

What does the underneath look like ? crispy rails ? springs through the trunk ?