News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a real superbird wing that I could use to make a mold??

Started by Hemi Runner, July 15, 2013, 05:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi Runner

I'm wanting to make two carbon fiber wings but I"ll need an original for to make a mold. Anyone have one laying around as a spare that they'd be willing to loan out?

A383Wing

Stu probably has something down there that he's hoarding...you could probably use the one off the green car as well...I don't think it's running yet

:popcrn:

Hemi Runner

Yeah, I figure someone has to have one stashed away somewhere........ :shruggy:

Lighthorseman

Any plans to make a few more than just two?  I'll bet there are folks interested in buying one...

70Sbird

Quote from: Hemi Runner on July 15, 2013, 05:32:27 PM
I'm wanting to make two carbon fiber wings but I"ll need an original for to make a mold. Anyone have one laying around as a spare that they'd be willing to loan out?

When would you be doing this and how long would you need the wing for? I know where there is one sitting on the back of my car that yuou could probably use :scratchchin:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on July 19, 2013, 01:03:40 PM

When would you be doing this and how long would you need the wing for? I know where there is one sitting on the back of my car that yuou could probably use :scratchchin:
make sure the process is not going to ruin your paint or decals 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemi Runner

Quote from: moparstuart on July 19, 2013, 01:48:48 PM
Quote from: 70Sbird on July 19, 2013, 01:03:40 PM

make sure the process is not going to ruin your paint or decals  

Scott, I'll be doing it over this winter. I'm not sure how the mold release would affect your paint and decals, and I'm not sure I'd want to risk it. I would think someone would have an original laying around where that wouldn't be a concern.

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Lighthorseman on July 19, 2013, 01:02:46 PM
Any plans to make a few more than just two?  I'll bet there are folks interested in buying one...

I would doubt that too many people would be interested in a carbon fiber wing. I'd consider it after I was finished with mine so that I didn't promise anything that I couldn't deliver.

DonC1

I have 2 two piece molds I molded off a real bird wing....

Hemi Runner

I'm guessing you made fiberglass wings from that mold at one point? PM me a price on a pair of carbon fiber wings :icon_smile_big: Maybe it will save me the work.

Do you also have molds for the headlight doors and the lower belly pan as well?