News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best sheet metal?

Started by flyboyedwards, September 10, 2013, 08:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyboyedwards

Hello All,
I was resuming some work on the six nine the other day and found that I will need new rear quarters. I am seeking advice on who makes the best parts. AMD seems to be very popular.
So what's the public opinion?
Another thing I found was that the previous owner removed ALL of the seaming lead at the factory joint sail panel area. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Put the lead back in? Certain filler?
Thanks for all of the input!

Brock Lee

FWIW, vinyl top cars never had lead in the seams. It was a crappy filler. I used metal to metal filler on mine.

Dino

AMD makes the best, it may be relative but still the best.

Lead was used, but only briefly.  they did switch to the ever soft goo that shines through every top.  The best way to fix it is cut out the original seam and make your own, but that takes quite a bit of work.  Next best thing is to weld the seam completely, all the way around.  Then use metal to metal filler like Brock did.  Way better than lead.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charger_fan_4ever

AMD is the best option out there. That being said you still may invent some new swear words lol

ottawamerc

AMD for sure but even though they fit like factory parts make sure of alignments with any associated panels before welding them, Ya I learned that the hard way :eek2: :brickwall:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!