News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Seat Spacers.What's Correct?

Started by RIDGERACER383, October 26, 2013, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDGERACER383

It's been a very long time since I put my carpet in my car and I remember it had spacers in it but not sure how many.I read another thread about a guys seats leaning to the center of the car.Mine is like this too.Are they supposed to have 4 spacers?Are the seats designed to lean to the center?I thing I know where a few of my spacers are.I will have to find the rest..Mine are rubber pucks.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

tsmithae

I believe that all buckets had 4 spacers, one for each bolt.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RIDGERACER383

Ok..You guys know how thick the spacers are supposed to be?

A383Wing

they ain't very thick...maybe 1/8" or so??

I put different thicknesses on the 70 to adjust the seat to my liking on long trips

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RIDGERACER383

Thanks guys..I think mine if I remember correctly were like 2" thick.

el dub

Mine were made out of plywood, 3/8" thick.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Bob T

Quote from: el dub on October 28, 2013, 01:51:26 AM
Mine were made out of plywood, 3/8" thick.

Yep, same, couldn't believe it when I first saw them.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

1974dodgecharger

maybe thats why i feel so short in my car that and my seats are flat also due to weak springs...maybe i can raise my seat height with these spacers not a bad idea.