News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shoulder Belt Retainer

Started by 19Charger68, July 05, 2006, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparparts

70 does not use the clips under the visors and if your car is a 70 that is why they are not there. Your belts would mount exactly as shown in the pic provided for the 70 registry. Only 68/69 used the visor clips up front with the elastic and snaps in the back 70 has TWO of the retainers on each side and the belt wraps around the front one then goes back and slips double into the back one with the buckle sticking out of the rear clip just as in the registry pic. I have had quite a few 70 cars here and that is exactly how they are from the factory. If you still want to use the sun visor clips i have some here PM or e-mail me

Quote from: 19Charger68 on July 12, 2006, 01:22:32 PM
So after all this, I now know why I have such a heck of a time getting my shoulder belts to stay in place - I am missing the retainers that go under the sunvisors :brickwall:  Do any of you happen to have any spares that you would want to sell or do you know where I might find a pair of these things?

Thank you,

Bruce

Ghoste

But his username makes me think he has a 68?

dodgedarren

Thank you, I restored the retainer elastics this morning. Nice and snug now!!!

Ghoste

It looks good.  Did you do it yourself?

dodgedarren

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2013, 05:17:01 PM
It looks good.  Did you do it yourself?

Yes, 1" elastic
Year One Vynail/Plastic paint and $1.99 snap kit.

Ghoste

Moparparts

Indeed he may, but i hate to say it may have a 70 roof on it then if it has the 70 belt holders with the covers as they where not even designed yet in 68. I have seen many that way including 70 with 68 or 69 roofs and many with vins not matching the year of the body or components, lots out there these days

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2013, 12:35:38 PM
But his username makes me think he has a 68?