News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spark plug opinions readings...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 13, 2014, 02:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Here is my spark plug after a 50mil drive and I checked the others they all look the same.  Based on this and what I read on the 'net' my car is running lean and could be richer?  Due to the white tips of the plugs, but after pulling them and they cooled down they turned less white.

Opinions?

firefighter3931

Based on the pics ; Heat range looks good and the jetting is slightly rich. It could be an idle mixture issue as well.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1974dodgecharger

As usual ron thx for your opinion.   Im gonna adjust the idle a tad on the min turn screws

A383Wing

what engine are you running peanut plugs in? Plugs do look a "little rich" to me...but not much

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on January 13, 2014, 05:24:46 PM
what engine are you running peanut plugs in? Plugs do look a "little rich" to me...but not much

383, but the heads are RPM heads so they require the RCY12Y plugs...that and they are nasty plugs to get to with hooker headers.

A383Wing

have you looked into the plugs that are about half the length...I think AC makes them

1974dodgecharger

huh, no I have not I just took what RPM recommended to me for their heads and went with it lol..... ;D

Ill check into it....

A383Wing

they are a "peanut" plug also...but about half the length of a regular standard plug....easier to gain access for header equipped cars...maybe it was Accel plug..not AC....

firefighter3931

Personally, I prefer an NGK plug over a Champion.  :yesnod:

The correct plug for your application would be an NGK  BCPR-6ES  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 15, 2014, 10:41:18 AM
Personally, I prefer an NGK plug over a Champion.  :yesnod:

The correct plug for your application would be an NGK  BCPR-6ES  :2thumbs:

Ron

Will look into these too this Friday....plan to change em before dyno even though i got 3k miles on current.