News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

leakdown in sylinders, how much is acceptable?

Started by erlendch, January 28, 2014, 02:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erlendch

Another question for you guys. How much sylinder leakdown is acceptable before I should consider it beeing worth a rebuild.

When does it start impact hp and torque?

Thanks!!

fy469rtse

Did I read 80%, there's lots of possible reasons for excess  leak down, show us the spark plug to that cylinder, bad valve , head gasket, you got any signs of water in oil , using excessive amounts of coolant, ? What were the systems that led you to believe something's up

erlendch

80% was in the cylider heads, which I will be replacing. The block was around 20% if I remember correct. 

cudaken

Quote from: erlendch on January 28, 2014, 11:04:23 AM
80% was in the cylinder heads, which I will be replacing. The block was around 20% if I remember correct. 

Not sure how they came up with that kind of break down, but if 80% of it is in the head, replaces the head?  :scratchchin:

What kind of problem are you having? Just running poorly, give it gas and it smoking, smoking on start up or just using a lot of oil?  :scratchchin:

Where did the idea of building a stroker come from, you or the repair shop?

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

I am back