News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help identifying lower control arms

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, August 22, 2014, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Does anyone know what model these control arms came from? I was told they are for 66-69 B Bodies but the ones on my 69 have a raised bump in the center? Are these for the 70 and up models that have the sway bar tab closer to the center? Or are they off another body style?

Codes on the driver side is RW LF & 080 & 922. Passenger side is RW RF & 083 & 911

Thanks   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

70 sublime

This is a picture of my 70 Charger parts car

It looks like there is another piece welded on for the front sway bar to mount to that is not on yours in the picture
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

They are certainly B body arms. All 1962-72 B body LCAs are curved at the bottom and have stepped pivot shafts like in the picture. Aside from that, I am not familiar with part #s to identify them.

WHITE AND RED 69

Thanks guys! As long as I know they are b body arms.  :2thumbs:  When I bought them I was under the impression that the arms were identical and it was the sway bar mount that gave away what year they came off of. The below picture threw me off saying the 69 and earlier arms had a different look.

I have new sway bar bracket for them but before I weld it on I just want to make sure they will work.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

fy469rtse

B body, just off a car that had no sway bar, you going to add bottom plates and tab to stop torsion bar area opening up when suspension working , these are good mods to take another area of steering play out

70 sublime

I just checked the 70 in my picture and it is flat just like your first picture with out the sway bar brace
I also checked a 72 and it is flat also

The sway bar brace on mine goes right from the top to the bottom when it is welded on

Did the earlier than 70 brace only go down as far as the bump in your other picture ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi71x

922                                              911
9 Last digit of year (1969)              9 Last digit of year (1969)
2 Shift Manufactured                      1 Shift Manufactured
2 Line Manufactured                       1  Line Manufactured    

080 & 083 Day of the year manufactured in 1969

March 21st, and March 24th, of 1969

No big deal that you have a pair of LCA's produced with the "flat" surface to the front metal of the LCA.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

WHITE AND RED 69

Thanks again guys for all the info!   :cheers:

Quote from: fy469rtse on August 23, 2014, 03:29:00 AM
B body, just off a car that had no sway bar, you going to add bottom plates and tab to stop torsion bar area opening up when suspension working , these are good mods to take another area of steering play out

That's the plan. I already have a fully boxed set on the car but the paint is chipping away. This way I can easily swap them over without putting the car on blocks for a while. With this set I'm going to get them powder coated, either black or something custom? Maybe something like the cosmoline color with a bit more of a copper hue to it?   :shruggy:

Something kinda like this but get the whole arm coated so it doesn't have the bare spot?

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster