News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dog Dish hubcaps

Started by Q5XX29, November 06, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

I recently bought (and returned) a set of dogdish hubcaps from Classic Industries. I tried to install them on the plain black steel rims (also bought from Classic), and they were made so cheaply of such a flimsy gauge metal that they simply weren't rigid enough to clamp on to the rim without flexing. I would have trusted them to stay on at 5 mph, much less highway speeds.

Has anybody else had this issue? Is there a better source to purchase some dogdish hubcaps? Am I stuck with trying to find OEM ones? These are the style I want:

Thanks for any help!
dakota_gt on Instagram

Ghoste

Seems a relatively common issue in the repro world with metal parts coming from China.  The auto parts world in general for that matter.  I haven't heard complaints about the caps specifically so hopefully yours is a one off.

moparnation74

I have a new set from classic on my charger and have had no problems.  Mine were not loose and fit well.  These were the dodge version, with the triad symbol.  Maybe it is in issue with the other styles?

maxwellwedge

Are they aluminum or stainless?

moparnation74

Just 6T9 CHGR

I go the repro Red Circle from Year One a few years back   I believe they are made by BE/A

When the set of 4 arrived, 3 were Stainless & one was a cheapie aluminum one.  (FWIW originals were both SS and aluminum) This bastard one looked/felt really flimsy.  called them on it & they sent me out another set....guess what.....3 SS & 1 Aluminum!

Made myself a set of 4 SS ones & sent the others back.

These fit no problem on my repro Wheel Vintiques steel wheels (purchased from Summit Racing)

Maybe try a different vendor?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Q5XX29

I believe mine were aluminum. Thanks for the replies/suggestions! I like the ones with the red circle and triad shape in the middle, but I left the choice of style up to my son (this is a father/son project car) and for some reason he likes this style best. I may end up getting my way, yet, if we can't find a better quality version of this style of dogdish.
dakota_gt on Instagram

Sublime/Sixpack

Go for the ones made of stainless steel.  They can be costly but they're much better than the aluminum ones.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak