News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger tail panel advice needed

Started by mopar4don, January 09, 2015, 11:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4don

I want to try and patch a tail panel and need some advice...
I am trying to decide if it would be best to remove the buckets and patch. Or leave the buckets on and patch as best I can.

pic1 shows the pitting from the front side
pic2 shows On the back side, how the pitting rolls around the corner and goes right to the edge of the bucket
pic3 shows the donor piece I have

How hard is it to remove the buckets without destroying them?

six-tee-nine

I dont know if the buckets are welded on or not. I do know there is also some kind of sealer between the panels. You could Always give it a try. Almost nothing to loose except time.
What if you screw up the buckets? Can you buy these separate? or will you end up wasting alot of time fabricating these?

I'd consider buying a complete new taillight panel then you gain the time you dont need to weld shut all the spotweld holes.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

fy469rtse

If you get a new tail panel , remove the buckets and realign, mine were off and it's been common on threads on here,
I only wished I had seen the threads and had done mine ,  :brickwall: before paint
There spot welded on
AMD panels that I have seen have the buckets misaligned
Repair yours don,
The quality of your work , no one will be able to tell  :2thumbs: