News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rush fans

Started by moparsinbarns, April 05, 2006, 07:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparsinbarns

I am doing a school essay on drum sets. does anybody know how many pieces neil peart from rush's drum set is? ???
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

70 Battle Horse

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Chryco Psycho

http://www.neilpeart.net/
he had many arrangements in different tours , definatly a very talented guy though

AKcharger

I didn't know he had a drum set? just the Golden EIB microphone and the Atilia the hun chair?

Shakey

Quote from: AKcharger on April 06, 2006, 05:02:34 AM
I didn't know he had a drum set? just the Golden EIB microphone and the Atilia the hun chair?

and a coke spoon around his neck for easy access.   :yesnod:

AKcharger

No not a coke spoon, just a pill bottle

NYCMille

Big RUSH fan here - seen them 12 times live - I think his biggest set was like 22 pieces or so.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: NYCMille on April 06, 2006, 09:54:01 AM
Big RUSH fan here - seen them 12 times live - I think his biggest set was like 22 pieces or so.

Same here.....only got to see them live once though.....Roll the Bones tour  :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparsinbarns

thanks guys :2thumbs:  Oh and AK, Neil Peart is a drummer and usually drummers play drum sets :lol:
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

twilt

Rush is one of my faves. Have only seen them twice. Power Windows tour in Atlanta GA  and Roll the Bones tour in Albany NY.  Bought the R30 dvd a few months ago. Pearts drum kit has changed a lot over the years.

Shakey

Seeing you guys talk about seeing Rush, I looked through my ticket stub collection and realize I saw them 3 times, not two like I had thought.  Always a great show.  A few weeks back I saw a recent concert on televison.  I think it was from the SARS concert a couple years back when they had a washer & dryer on the stage with them.   :shruggy:  Never did figure out wat that meant.

I was a bit young, but back in the '70's, the did New Years Eve shows at Maple Leaf Gardens with Max Webster.  Not sure how many years in a row they did them, but I think that would have been a great way to ring in the new year.

Shakey

Quote from: AKcharger on April 06, 2006, 06:08:45 AM
No not a coke spoon, just a pill bottle

IIRC, Neil had a real problem with the blow way back when.  I remember seeing a few pictures of him with the tiny spoon on a chain around his neck.

Brock Samson

it's great music but i simply can't stand the singers' screachy voice,.. ruins it for me...
any of you guys hear Mr. Pert with Brand X?... i saw them live but the drummer (not Neal) was wasted and good as not there,..
BTW:  John Goodsall ROCKS!!!!

moparsinbarns

Ya, I was going to go see Aerosmith in Vancouver but they cancelled and then I was going to go see Motley Crue in Victoria but I couldnt get tickets :rotz:. The only bands I've seen is April Wine, Trooper, 38 Special and Molly Hatchet.
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!