News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is a new one...

Started by myk, May 28, 2016, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Hey guys.  Went out to the car this morning, opened the hood and noticed that the upper radiator hose was pretty much flat in the center.  I opened the radiator cap and the hose straightened out.  The car was cold from sitting overnight.  I've heard of collapsing lower hoses but upper ones?  

Both hoses seem to be in good shape, the cap is new, I have the ECP radiator with a new Milodon water pump.  I can't remember if I swapped out the t-stat though.  I also have an overflow bottle connected with simple hose and worm clamps.  I will say that I think the car is running a little warmer than when I first installed the ECP radiator and Milidon water pump last year.  Ideas, guys?  Thanks in advance...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

that can happen with a bad rad cap, are you running a coolant recovery type overflow tank ?  check the overflow hose for plugged up.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

myk

I'll swap caps and check the recovery tank hose.  Thanks  for the ideas...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"