News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door seal

Started by Voss, July 15, 2016, 09:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

I have searched for a correct seal for the door/pass side glass trim, with that top-most mold on the edge. I tried to take a pic to show what I mean. It is easy to find this seal, but I haven't seen any repos with this mold on the edge... Does anyone know if it is available from someone?

Dino

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/md1611.html

They have the molded end like the originals. I compared them to my stock ones and they have the same felt on the glass side as well. They're cut longer so trim and install.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Voss

Quote from: Dino on July 15, 2016, 05:18:28 PM
http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/md1611.html

They have the molded end like the originals. I compared them to my stock ones and they have the same felt on the glass side as well. They're cut longer so trim and install.

Thx Dino, I will order a set from Classic. That molded end actually fills a sealing purpose. I have replaced my driver side without this molded end, but it's impossible to get a perfect seal at the top...

Dino

Yeah you need that molded end. There's another brand that is repro'd like the originals. I think it's Metro, but it's twice the cost and I don't see the difference. If you want I'll see if I can dig mine up and take a pic.

Dino

I just realized that another member had sent me these pics before I ordered my seals so here you go. These are the ones from Classic.

Dino

2 more

Voss

Quote from: Dino on July 16, 2016, 10:28:20 AM
2 more

Thx Dino, I just ordered a set from Classic. Okay price for these too!  :2thumbs:

Dino

Yeah the price was a bonus!   :2thumbs: