News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona trunklid measurements

Started by otter440, December 02, 2016, 02:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter440

We are building a clone Daytona for a client and just got the Janak kit. has anybody done the trunklid cut etc on another car that could tell us where to cut trunklid for downsizing and adding the end we got from Ted. Thanks

DAY CLONA

Measuring from the back edge of the trunk along either side it's 21 1/2" to the front folded down edge which is just a 90 bend, it's not folded over 180 degrees, I generally leave a 1/4"-3/8" 90 lip on customer's trunk lids I convert, make a template of the plugs dutchman curvature and transfer that to the trunk's skin to obtain a nice uniform gap....

Hopefully you haven't installed the rear window plug yet? it's always much easier to fab the trunk lid, locate it on the car, even if temporarily, then install the plug based on where the trunk lid "sits", this way you avoid a lot of issues with the trunk to dutchman gap, and having to possibly rework another trunk lid, or having too short a trunk lid, this is important if you intend on running a Daytona stripe, don't forget to have the qtr end caps on when planning/measuring for mods/location/etc

Mike

As you can see in the pic below there's very little room for error when making the trunk lid, the wing location/stripe and deck lid all need to be carefully checked so that you don't find yourself making compromises when it all comes together, generally there's anywhere from a 1/4" to upwards of 1 inch of painted trunk lid exposed in front of the stripe

DAY CLONA

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

otter440