News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird fender scoops

Started by boss429kiwi, January 16, 2017, 02:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannedbird

Although they certainly looked different.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

Hemi Runner

Yours is the only bird I've ever seen to have that strange shaped scoop.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Wingnut426

Hey BANNEDBIRD, It looks like you have 2 RH scoops on your car.   :Twocents:  WINGNUT426
HEMI Daytona Convertible

bannedbird

Looking at the underside that says "RH" I would think there should be one that said "LH".   (EDIT - Wingnut - earlier had the LH part number in post).

I was thinking it could have been a "2-up" injection mold, and was LH and RH to signify that.  Would be same part number of course.

What is the Mopar part number rule: odd numbers on passenger side?

Wingnut426

Drivers side is always left and odd Part#.  Looking at your pics, the stud posts look to be the same on both your scoops. The spacing should be different side to side. Again  :Twocents:  WINGNUT426
HEMI Daytona Convertible

bannedbird

Thanks for the 2-cents Wingnut. I am going to see if the drivers fender (LH) was re-drilled. My first bird had one of the fenders redrilled with different scoop hole pattern. What are the odds of that on both my 'Birds? - lol.  Maybe LH scoops were not available in mid 1970's when both cars were repainted.