News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For 85 large, it should be better than perfect..........

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, December 22, 2012, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 27, 2012, 10:58:02 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm with Cooter on this one. :2thumbs:  Trailer queens are fine in all, and command some respect for someone wanting to protect thier investment, but I think there are more people that respect a classic car more if it's driven more than 50 yards.  Having a/c is nice, and I would be one to want to enjoy it; but if I had to choose between the two, I'd throw in an extra shirt and put on more deodorant and roll the windows down.  Use the extra stops to get a drink as an extra excuse to show it off at the convienience stores.  If the lady of the house wants to ride in a/c, that's fine; let her be the sissy. :2thumbs:

But, it would be more appropriate to at least respect your ride a little bit and clean it up.

I totally respect someone who does drive their car. Back in the day, my first hemi Charger was a daily driver/weekend show car, much like many here. One of the biggest thrills for me was driving to one of the first Mopar Nationals held at the Chrysler Proving Grounds & taking the old hemi for a spin (at speed) on the high banked oval. I probably logged about 30,000 miles on that car, but that was then & this is now. On a long hot July trip to Carlisle these days, I'll now gladly take a comfy vehicle with a/c.

Now, the village idiot here thinks he can rag on my with my "hemi junk" and  trailering it to Carlisle this July, but in his game of half-wits, the more he talks, the dopier he sounds. Let's face it; in the world of light bulbs, a halogen he is not.  :eek2:

bill440rt

Hoo boy...   :popcrn:

I'll have to agree with the Turbanator on this one.  :yesnod:
Whether I were selling a vehicle for $10K or $85K, I would try to make sure it was spotless as possible. I mean, if you were showing your house would you leave dirty dishes in the sink or a deuce in the toilet?  :shruggy:
Presenting a clean car doesn't mean it's a trailer queen. Seeing crap all over the interior could also mean a sign of neglect. The owner doesn't care enough to take 5 minutes out and vacuum it? What else is uncared for?

After spending 4 full days straight in 105-degree heat at the last Carlisle show, I was thankful my car & truck had A/C.   

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 27, 2012, 01:06:50 PM

Now, the village idiot here thinks he can rag on my with my junk hemi and  trailering a car to Carlisle, but in his game of half-wits, the more he talks, the dopier he sounds. Let's face it; in the world of light bulbs, a halogen he is not.  :eek2:

I consider this an example of two burnt out incadescents.  Me and Tuffy on the other hand, get along just fine just as long as I don't call him Fluffy. :cheers:

Besides, looking at the pics again, I think there are quite a few of us with a bulb out.  All this nonsense for a handfull of small rocks and a dirty heel pad.

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 27, 2012, 01:35:03 PM

Me and Tuffy on the other hand, get along just fine just as long as I don't call him Fluffy. :cheers:

:iagree:   ....and don't call me Francis  :2guns:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 27, 2012, 01:35:03 PM
All this nonsense for a handfull of small rocks and a dirty heel pad.

Thank goodness you didn't srefer to a dirty turban!   :smilielol:

JB400

Almost a decade later, what's the verdict on the value of this one now?

Mike DC

QuoteAlmost a decade later, what's the verdict on the value of this one now?

$85k in 2012 was a much higher amount than $85k today.   

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Challenger340

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 30, 2021, 07:34:26 PM

QuoteAlmost a decade later, what's the verdict on the value of this one now?

$85k in 2012 was a much higher amount than $85k today.    

Yes, I would agree.... and far more than many would think ?

December 31 2012 the DOW Index was at 13,104.... and the S & P 500 was at 1,418

Today....  the DOW Index is at 34,000 or a 259% Increase/Gain ... and the S & P 500 is tracking at 4,300 which is a 303% increase/gain

Which depending how anyone looks at it.... either the asset costs 2-1/2 to 3 times more now than back in 2012 ?
or,
your money is buying between  33% and 38% of what it could buy back in 2012 ?    I choose the latter....

Only wimps wear Bowties !