News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge lights flashing

Started by chargermick, June 26, 2006, 10:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I just installed a new under dash harness from Year One. The fuse for the dash lights blows as soon as I hit the headlight switch. With the fuse blown, the lights in my aftermarket gauges flash constantly even with the headlight switch off. The right directional indicator and the left front directional also flash with the gauge lights. Could this be a bad ground somewhere? I tried troubleshooting with the wiring diagrams in the service manual, but I'm getting nowhere fast. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

the orange wires are the dash light circuit , one of them is grounding blowing the fuse ,& or you have the dash lights plugged into the guage feed curcuit as it is regulated with a pulsing 5v feed , first disconnect the lights from the guage feed circuit , usually black wire & connect to the orange circuit & see if the short is solved , if not search out the short to ground

chargermick

Thanks Chryco, I traced out each wire one at a time. Finally found the pin in one of the dash lights was grounding to the housing. Once again, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!