News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timer for console lights on '68?

Started by histoy, July 19, 2006, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

Is it true that on '68 Chargers there is a timer in the console light circuit that will keep the lights on for a certain period of time after the doors are closed?  I was told that it also keeps the light on for the ignition switch.   Am I being told correctly?  If so, where is the timer located, and does anyone know the part number?  Thanks for your help....Brian

resq302

my 69 only has the timer for the ignition key light.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

8WHEELER

No console light delay on any 68 to 70, just the ignition switch key light has a time delay on it. The console lights
go off as soon as the door shuts.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

histoy

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.