News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Down Payment Is In!!!!

Started by THE COLONEL, July 22, 2006, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

I just put my down payment in for the new Challenger at my local dealership. Man, I spent money and still have to wait a year and a half before I can bring it home!! I'm still excited none the less. :METAL: :punkrocka: :2thumbs: :boogie: :boogie: :drive:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Telvis

Congratulations! I didn't know they were already taking orders.

dodge freak

Yeah really, how do you know how much they want for it ? Hope you did not give them too much, sounds like dead money for a while. If they are honest maybe it work out, but most of the time they go to the highest bidder. Well anyways Good Luck hope you get what you want-soon also.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE COLONEL

Quote from: dodge freak on July 22, 2006, 09:22:56 PM
Yeah really, how do you know how much they want for it ? Hope you did not give them too much, sounds like dead money for a while. If they are honest maybe it work out, but most of the time they go to the highest bidder. Well anyways Good Luck hope you get what you want-soon also.

Our family is good friends with the Dealership and the family that owns it so I didn't have a problem with the money..  There is really no set price right now,as far as a deposit, but I put a good hunk of change down on it that will be sure to cover it.  I wasn't even the first one to put money down on it either at that dealership.

Gilbert Charger

I work at a Dodge dealership and I think it is rediculous for anybody to put any money down right now,we have no specs,no pricing and I think it's unheard of that these "dealers" is taking your money right now. We don't have any clue as to when we can start ordering them. I think you got ripped off IMO.

Headrope

I'm excited for you. But you might not want to post things like that here.
Little pisses off Dr. Z more than reading about dealers pre-selling yet-to-be-available vehicles.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Silver R/T

so are you getting 4 door version or wagon? lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

That's great Silver made a funny...

congrats on getting in line a week before the concert...
what color?..

4402tuff4u

You were better off putting that money in a CD savings for that year and half that you say the Challenger is coming out, and you probably would have made more money to pay for the Challenger when it actually comes out. I think the dealer took your money and open a year and half CD. You are a good friend to your dealer!  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on July 24, 2006, 06:45:48 AM
You were better off putting that money in a CD savings for that year and half that you say the Challenger is coming out, and you probably would have made more money to pay for the Challenger when it actually comes out. I think the dealer took your money and open a year and half CD. You are a good friend to your dealer!  :icon_smile_big:

I already have money put away in my Federal Credit Union, and am continuing to do so, so the when it comes out in the Spring of '08 the price will not be that bad for me, including the money I put down on it now.  Kasing Dodge said that Chrysler will ask the dealers how many people are on a list for the car, then how many have down payments in, and they will want proof of payment to determine how many cars I guess will be distributed.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this.  How many people do you think put down payments for the Mustang, just to get ones of the first off the line?  We are very close to the Kasing family, and our family has been buying cars off of them for the last 30 years.  If not for this dealership, I would not be putting a down payment in for the car, but I trust my life with these people, and they have never steered me wrong, and I highly doubt they will start now. :yesnod:

CB

Are you buying a low numbered (VIN) muscle car that would could be seen as investment?
Any details, options or so?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

THE COLONEL

Quote from: CB on July 24, 2006, 03:01:45 PM
Are you buying a low numbered (VIN) muscle car that would could be seen as investment?
Any details, options or so?

What I was told there would be no options other then the car would be loaded, and have the 425 hp with the  6.1 Hemi, and would probably be the orange that ya'll have seen in the prototype.  How ever they come off the line is how we are suppose to get them, but I had thought a low VIN car would be nice, and an investment like you said.  I'm starting to see a trend of history repeating itself.  I can see in the next 30-35 years, some of these makes of cars, being the cars worth the money that the Hemi Chargers and such, are today.  So to me this is an investment.  In 35 years, I'll be 65 years old, and if I would sell it then, that would be a nice hunk of change for when I would retire.

Afflyer

Not that you would sell it in 35 years for your retirement- that's just when the fun would kick in with this car!!!

Think of the puddles of drool, as you pass folks by in 35 years.  Much like we see now with our 2nd gen Chargers!!!

Best of luck to you.  My younger brother will proudly be making the tranny for your car (Kokomo, IN. plant), as my grandfather made the 727 T-Flight for mine!

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Afflyer on July 25, 2006, 09:58:41 PM
Not that you would sell it in 35 years for your retirement- that's just when the fun would kick in with this car!!!

Think of the puddles of drool, as you pass folks by in 35 years.  Much like we see now with our 2nd gen Chargers!!!

Best of luck to you.  My younger brother will proudly be making the tranny for your car (Kokomo, IN. plant), as my grandfather made the 727 T-Flight for mine!

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:

Well, I guess I will owe your brother a beer, but this is as good as I can do for now! :cheers:

chrisII

I was talkin to by buddy today who said he saw in one of the mags that the price on the chally with hemi and 6 speed is going to be near that of a viper. I thought it was said to be in the ballpark of the mustang an slomaro?

azraelck

To my knowledge, pricing and even options have not yet been revealed. About the best we have heard is that it's slated for early '08, and that it will be very close to the prototype show car we've been looking at and getting bonahs over all this time.

Many claim limited production, or at least V8 only (which would hopefully mean a 5.7l base, 6.1l mid, and 6.4/6.6l top engine. And yes, one rumor I've heard is of a 6.6l V8...). It may have been a typo though, but they may also want the Challenger SRT-8 model to be above and beyond the LX's SRT-8 variants.

Personally, I'd prefer a 4.0l base engine to compete against the 'Maro/'Stang. 275hp base motor, in a car that will actually seat humans in the back. And don't even try to tell me a new 'Stang will. There's 4 up at work, including a new Saleen. My 7 year old cousin would find that a tight fit. Forget real humans... The 5.7l would provide excellent value and probably better gas mileage than at least the Ford. The 'Maro may have DoD avaliable, much like the MDS is avaliable for the 5.7l.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

Silver R/T

Quote from: Afflyer on July 25, 2006, 09:58:41 PM

Think of the puddles of drool, as you pass folks by in 35 years. Much like we see now with our 2nd gen Chargers!!!

Best of luck to you. My younger brother will proudly be making the tranny for your car (Kokomo, IN. plant), as my grandfather made the 727 T-Flight for mine!

Bradley :icon_smile_approve:

you would have to put the car in the museum. Everyone will be driving hydrogen/electric cars
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722