News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Vacuum Canister Questions

Started by Chatt69chgr, August 28, 2006, 07:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I've got the vacuum canister out of my charger and am ready to restore it (it holds vacuum to allow the headlights to work just after the engine is turned off).  Does anyone know how to remove the valve in the end of the canister that the vacuum lines connect to?  I do not want to break the valve and will mask and work around it if I have to.  My can and the mounting strap have some rust issues and need to be sanded/primed/painted.  Was hoping that someone in the past had torn one of these apart to see how they were assembled.  I saw on an earlier post that a tomato can could be used as a replacement for the can itself if need be.  Does anyone know if the valves themselves have ever been reproduced and where a source for them might be?  The valve on mine is made of what appears to be gold colored plastic and there appears to be a thin gasket between it and the can.  Also, the valve will rotate with a little gentle twisting pressure applied. 

johntpr

WWW.dayclona.com   sells new reproduction cans with valve