News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my father's Magnum up to 125...

Started by Afflyer, August 23, 2005, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

:devil:   My folks drove from my hometown of Muncie, Indiana, down to our place here in Milton, Florida in their brand new Hemi-powered Magnum RT.   This was my first real up-close-and-personal look at the world's fastest production station-wagon.   Dad threw me the keys yesterday and I took the beast out for a fast spin out on I-10.   :METAL:

Within a minute on the interstate, I was literally blowing the doors off of cars and trucks in the west-bound lanes of I-10, faster than that Ryan Newman's commercial with his Dodge Ram SR/T!   :icon_smile_evil: blasting past at 125 MPH.   The Hemi was just a screamin!!!   :devil:

I throttled back and took the next exit and turned around and did the same thing going east!   :punkrocka:

Funny thing was, when I walked back into my house, my father was still fumbling with the TV remote just as he was when I left just ten minutes before!   :smilielol:.   He said, "geez son, you just left!" to wit, I replied- "Impressive wheels father- I like that Charger station wagon!"   He just smiled.

He said he's had it as high as 110.   Like father, like son, I always say.

Bradley   :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Steve P.

I-10 starts in Florida and heads West..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

41husk

I thought I-10 started in Georgia before you get to Jacksonville?  been a long time since I have been there.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mustanghater

sweet wonder how fast you could get the srt version?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69bananabeast

Quote from: Steve P. on August 23, 2005, 10:38:57 PM
I-10 starts in Florida and heads West..

Theres also one that goes from Houston Through San Antonio  to El Paso
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

RT DAVE

Sounds pretty irresponsible to me.  Keep up the good work... :P
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Lowprofile

I 10 Starts in Jacksonville, Fla and ends in Santa Monica, Ca. You can thank President Eisenhower for the greatest interstate highway system in the world. :yesnod:

Btw, I remember taking my mom's 72 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ for the obligatory 120 mph blast when I got the chance. I guess we've all done that once or twice in our lifes.
                                                 :D :D :D :punkrocka: :drive: :drive: :drive:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Afflyer

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 24, 2005, 01:41:04 PM
Sounds pretty irresponsible to me.   Keep up the good work... :P

:devil: :devil: :devil:Why certainly! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Oh, BTW fellas, I'm just off exit 26 in the Florida panhandle.  I was only on I-10 for five miles each way.  So I only endangered the general driving public for a wee-bit.  I'd be willing to bet that those folks I blew by, never saw the handicapped insignia on my folk's liscense plate...and if they did, I bet they thought "handicapped my ass!"

Bradley  :devil:

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

andy74

Silver R/T

so 125 only, didnt feel like going any faster or it topped out?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Afflyer

Nah, I didn't feel like going any faster.  And besides, I knew my next exit was about a mile up the road.

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Brock Samson

BTW:
My 300 M did that for about five miles, no sweat on U.S. HWY 101 south of Sacramento.

Rocky

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 25, 2005, 12:32:40 AM
BTW:
My 300 M did that for about five miles, no sweat on U.S. HWY 101 south of Sacramento.

I didn't know the 101 ran anywhere near Sac.

Brock Samson

Afflyer

Took the Magnum for the afternoon to go to work, for tonight's flight.  Even in a torrential NW Florida downpour, the Magnum runs sooooooo smooth at 80 MPH.  I found myself fiddling with the Sirius radio, flipping from the classic 70's station to the "1st Wave" station (for those who don't know, it's the 80's British invasion). :punkrocka:

I gotta tell you guys, if the day comes that I ever decide to give up driving my Ram pickup, I'm SERIOUSLY leaning towards the Magnum...but then again- what would I use to haul the Charger?!

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Drache

I did that once going to visit my grandmother when I used to drive my '84 Daytona Turbo. Man I really miss that car  :'(
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bluesfool

How did you get it that high? Haven't all the new cars been coming out from the factory with speed limiters set at 108-110?

beenaround

most cars computers top out at 125 police vehicles top out at 140.in other words they limit the speed there.you can go no faster.there are some exceptions such as the viper,corvette,etc.

Brock Samson

http://www.300mclub.org/v3faqs.html

The Performance Handling Group/Package (PHG or PHP) includes stiffer suspension, firm feel steering, improved brakes, V-rated Michelins, and no 118 mph top speed limiter.   ;)

4402tuff4u

That engine must of been clicking away in the driveway once you got back. Did you check the intake manifold? I wonder if it was glowing.  ;D
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"