News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Trailer

Started by Mopar Crazy, November 12, 2006, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

I just bought a used enclosed car trailer for my Charger..  :icon_smile_big:
I know a lot of guys have these.
The trailer has been sitting for awhile. Mine is white aluminum outside.
Can anyone tell me what to use to clean the outside and restore the shine????? ???
Thanks Pete

Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Silver R/T

is it white painted aluminum?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Try out a small spot with some polishing compound. If it shines up, do the rest with a buffer...saves on elbow grease. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mopar Crazy

Silver RT, yes, it's white painted aluminum........
I'll try a small spot with compound, unless. Silver RT has something better.....
Thanks for the help......
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

BigBlockSam

forget that outside crap . take all the wheels off and pack the bearings . thats the first thing you do with a new trailer . your trailer can be dirty . but dry wheel bearings will leave you on the side of the road. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bill440rt

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on November 13, 2006, 08:24:55 AM
Silver RT, yes, it's white painted aluminum........
I'll try a small spot with compound, unless. Silver RT has something better.....
Thanks for the help......

MP Crazy,
Usually, that white "paint" isn't paint, it's a baked on finish that's very tough unlike ordinary paint. I know, because mine is BLACK.  :scared:
When I bought it, it had a very light scratch down a few panels. I used a buffer with compound, & it was extremely hard to remove. Unlike any "paint" I'd ever buffed.

Anyway, once a year I use a good cleaner wax (like Meguiars) with an orbital polisher. Do NOT try to do this by hand, you'll be there forever. You could use a good paint cleaning polish or very light compoud with mild abrasive first. Then, wax. Use an orbital polisher! I also use a wash pad with a long extendable rod to wash. They're at most larger automotive stores, & designed for trucks, RV's, etc. Really cuts down time.

Oh, and pack those bearings! I have mine done once every 1-2 years & check the brakes, depending on how much I use it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Is it possible a product for outdoor furniture will work?  Maybe even Westly's Bleach-White?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Telvis

Bleche white is the greatest! I use it on all kinds of stuff. Spray it on and hit it with a brush then spray it one more time and rinse. It makes white stuff pristine.  :yesnod: