News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Look

Started by JMF, November 09, 2006, 09:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Do you prefer the look of the Daytona over the standard Charger? Do you think it's a better looking car, personally I think the regular Charger is better looking, i'm not overkeen on the nose or wing, just my opinion so don't take offence : )

Brock Samson

Why don't ya' just go down to the local church and go call Jesus Christ out...   

it's so quiet....  :yesnod:

actually i disagree, I think the slick back window and the pointy bits are sweet...
looks pretty ungainly from some angles because they did the project in what?. three mos?..
I'll grant that the finishing on the cars is pretty haphazzard, for example the rubber strip is pretty gross and the headlights look silly when up just like a corvette's frog eyes...
but still I want one,..  it's just too risky (and tight) to drive one here... orange and black is  fine with me...
can't wait to see all these awsome clones comming out...
(stop bitchen guys 'n go work on your cars...)   :angel:

by the way:
  i think highbank's is my favorite charger on the site,  at least for looks,.. i love the front clip and color... a one of a kind!
i really love Daytonaguy's too though,.. the screaming yellow zonker...  :laugh:

THE CHARGER PUNK

i would have 2 agree with strat there, i love the slick back window, an orange and black tona would be sweet as well,my fav car period that isnt really on site but sort of would be 69500's Dads old Q5 500 with black vinyl top ,cars just plain badass :yesnod:, would like to replicate it one day :icon_smile_big:

JMF

Yeah I like the Daytona's but anyone who doesn't know a lot about them would probably call the wing ridiculous, you can't beat the regular old 1968 Charger : )

Old Moparz

I never liked the flush rear window, but I do like the overall shape of the Daytona. The regular Charger body is one of the nicest cars ever, so I'm having a tough time going through with converting mine, even though I have most of the Daytona parts. I suppose the ideal scenario would be to have both, but then I'd have to sell off something else that I like just as much. I know the 500 was the first attempt to win at Nascar, but the Coronet grille doesn't do it for me on a Charger. Sorry, if I had a 500 that needed work, I would probably make it a Daytona. It's only bolt on stuff, so if I ever had to let it go, 4 small holes on top of the quarters wouldn't be a big deal.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69_500

To me hands down the Daytona is a much nicer automobile than the standard Charger.

Then again I prefer the 500 to the stock 69's too.

Hey chargerpunk if you want to replicate my dad's old Q5 500 it wouldn't be too hard. That car was missing its origional motor then, had a 383 in it instead, and no fender tag, and no broadcast sheet. So replicating that wouldn't be too hard.

Ghoste

I'd have to say I like them both equally for very different reasons.  I almost view them as two different cars that I like the same and in many ways, that is what they are.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2006, 06:46:42 PM
I'd have to say I like them both equally for very different reasons.  I almost view them as two different cars that I like the same and in many ways, that is what they are.
Pretty much exactly what I was gonna write. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)