News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd gen clock

Started by dkn1997, November 26, 2006, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I am in the process of painting and refacing my 68 ralleye cluster.  I will eventually get a repro tic toc tach, but for now, I am sticking with the clock. 

My clock is mint, looks perfect and the knob is there and everything.  the clock works when the car is running, but not when you shut down.  I was thinking something corroded inside and there is more juice getting to the clock with the alt turning.  has anyone ever taken one apart and cleaned it up?  I know, spend themoney for the quartz conversion, but I really don't feel like sending it out.  Unless I can buy something to do it myself, I would like to try to get this one to work.  It works sometimes
RECHRGED

Plumcrazy

Are you sure some wires didn't get hooked up right and the clock is only getting power with the key on?

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

dkn1997

hmmmmmmmm.......maybe, but this car was untouched from 68 when I bought it.  grandmas charger.  does not look like anyone was poking around.  I guess when I get it all back together, I could jumper something to direct bat voltage and see if it works...
RECHRGED

8WHEELER

I have never taken one apart, but I can tell you, it is very very common for the clock to only work when
the car is running and for a short time after it is shut off, most clocks I have had and seen do that.

I sent my tic toc tach's to the Clock Doc, and they redid the clock in quarts the only way to go.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

dkn1997

anyone know of a way to test the clock?  I tried running 12v to the only terminal on it, and then grunding the case, but no go.  I am thinking I am just not grounding it right.  I checked another clock I have, same thing. I must be missing something.
RECHRGED

dkn1997

I bought a quartz movement and installed it, problem solved, keeps great time now.
RECHRGED

69hemi

There is a set of points looking things on the back of the clock.  When these touch it gets a charge that will run the clock until the charge is used and then these pnts close again and the proces repeats itself.  Make sure the contacts are clean then apply the ground and the 12V then touch these points together and it will start the process. Oh yeah, don't forget to clean and lube all the working parts with a light grease then sit back and watch your clock not keep time worth a damn then go but the quartz conversion for about $50.00 and be done with it.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram