News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ok bloodhounds, sniff out this superbird

Started by held1823, December 21, 2014, 08:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

while sharing some photos of the toy collection on facebook, a younger fellow posted the following

When I was 16 I had a Dodge Shelby Charger as my first car. I have ALWAYS loved Mopars and especially the wing cars. Well, I would always drive past a 66 Charger sitting by a barn. One day I stopped. The guy asked if I like Mopars and of course I said yes. Well, he took me to the barn and inside was a 1970 Superbird 440 4v auto yellow/black/black in pieces!!! I about fell over then and there. I dont know what ever happened to it, but I would love to be able to do that again!

It was the Findlay, Ohio area. My buddy that is huge restorer said he thinks that car is still around. I don't remember where he said it is but can find out.

on your marks, get set, go !
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

PettyMower

Ernie,

What year would that have been?

10-miles outside of Finlay, there was a 440, automatic Superbird advertised from July 1st 1971 - March 28th 1972.

Each time it was advertised the mileage went up. It began at 1,700 miles and went to 2,700 miles at the end of March.

One of the ads did mention it having a 6-pack. Do you know for sure it was a "U" code car? Or did it have a 4-barrel on the 440.

See attached image.

Jay

held1823

his profile says he graduated in 1994, so i'd guestimate his sighting to be circa 1991, 1992 perhaps

entirely possible it's the ad car, at a much later time. this could be interesting
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Wildman

My car sold new in Findlay. Ton of wing cars around here. Les Bowman from Tiffin, Fleck from Findlay. Some in Sycamore.. bunch around this area. Always heard a story of a yellow one in Fremont but never found it.

69 DAYTONA

...about 25 years ago I purchased a 10k mile Superbird from the original owner in North Baltimore Ohio, B5/white bench interior, it later became known as the "Geriatric Bird"...when I purchased the car, it was at the dealership that sold it new, Duke Auto Sales...the owner of the dealership lived next door and told me about another Bird in pieces under a shed of sorts, not many miles away, he thought it was a yellow one...one Superbird was all I could afford so I didn't follow up on the 2nd one, later, when I had sold the B5 car, I tried to search the Yellow one with no luck...same car, maybe, maybe not, but that would have been approximately 1989-1990

PettyMower

In 1986, I picked up mine in Toledo....also not far from the area.

pettybird

Ohio is not lacking in wing cars...  There are at least 20 of them here in the Cleveland area.