News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first and only WIW, Charger R/T!!

Started by TurquoiseRT, August 30, 2005, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurquoiseRT

Hey all, not really a solicitation to sell but I am getting ready to sell the 1969 Charger R/T of my mothers. It is a numbers matching car, Q5 color, great body, older paint job but still looks awesome, engine was rebuilt about 6 years ago. 87K miles. Interior is beatuiful, the engine compartment was not painted when the rest of the car was before I got it and it could use some detail work. No serious rust, just some surface rust in the trunk when the seal leaked. Has not seen rain more than once in 7 years. It is an air car with the N97 Noise reduction code which is why the pipes are downturned and why it has a dual snorkel air cleaner. The only thing that does not work on the car are the temp and oild pressure gauges, they are intermittent but I think the PC board is blown. The trim is downright gorgeous.

We dont want to give it away but I have not been in the market lately and dont know what is a fair price. I do know she will not sell it for less than 20-25K something.

Any ideas?

TheGhost

You should easily get $20k for that beautiful machine, in the current market.  69s are the hot ticket, due to Duke Fever.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Daytona R/T SE

694spdRT

:iagree:

A numbers matching R/T in the condition of yours should easily bring 20K on a bad day. From the pics you posted I would say it would bring closer to 30K if you find the right buyer.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TurquoiseRT

It is in Indianapolis.

I guess why I'm asking is that she sees these inflated numbers and I dont want to look like a fool putting it up for something stupid but then again, if the market will bear it, I'd be ok seeing even more for it. My first thought was to put it up for sale through the winter for 30K and see if it got a bite. It's not perfect but it sure catches looks wherever it goes and has won a couple of first places in Mopar shows.

Jeff

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

my guess since it's numbers and original, is $25K... but west coast prices are higher...

694spdRT

Why is it that a thrown together 318 Charger painted orange with a couple decals can bring 20K+ but, a guy like this with a true #'s R/T in nice shape will struggle to get much more than that. There's one born every minute I guess.    :shruggy:

There is no doubt which one of the two above mentioned cars I would take home for the money.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Brock Samson

no way, when the DOH thing passes, if it hasn't allready,.. the real deal RTs will keep going up up and up,.. hard to say what prices are real intill you cash the check.

RD

i would say 30-35 easy.  if you do not, then its their loss and not yours.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

694spdRT

I realize that. I was just thinking about what has been going on recently. My friend sold his General clone last fall for 12K, it was recently on Ebay and bid up to $26,800 I believe with no major changes.

I agree the R/T's will always hold a higher value in the long run.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

TurquoiseRT

I'll post up some more detailed pictures tomorrow. Like I said, it's not perfect. Not like some of the other cars on here. If I was able to buy it off her, I would most likely repaint it and redo the suspension so it looks better.

Thanks,

Jeff

Brock Samson

well in that case buy it off her... you got a sure fire investment there... bet ya couldn't find another not only like that color and option wise but with the family history...  :-\

TurquoiseRT

Man strato, dont make me cry!!!! I have been wracking my brain to try and figure out a way to buy it off her but finances dont allow right now without burying us in dept. Trust me, I really dont want to sell it because I love that color, the car, the condition and I grew up in the back of a 69 Charger, playing with my Dukes cars in the rear sail panel. I had believed that it would stay in the family and I would just take it over someday, we even went as far as talking about putting my name on the title should something happen but they are both retired now and see $25K sitting in the garage. Hard to look past that and I understand. I sold my 70 RR a couple of years ago when I lost my job and she knew I had to do what I had to do.

Jeff

NYCMille

Dude... a number matching R/T car in that shape WITH AC... your talking 30-35k brother... min... SOMEONE out there will pay that and you'd be crazy to let it go for less - Post the car on www.collectorcartraderonline.com / www.craigslist.com / www.ebay.com. Again, it's all the exposer the car gets...

Again, hold out, you WILL get your money for that car.

Good Luck!

THE COLONEL

:iagree:  I have to say about $30-$35k is right.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

MoparYoungGun

I agree, $30-$35k easy. Gorgeous looking car btw :2thumbs: !