News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What did you do regarding nuts & bolts?

Started by Fitz73Chrgr, April 24, 2007, 11:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

We have been electroplating all of our nuts and bolts.  I really like the way they look afterwards, but it takes quite a bit of time.  I know some people paint them black.  What did you guys do?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

moparguy01

put new ones in there. or paint them black. or paint them body color. whatever the customer wants.  :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

we use new ones when they are ment to be left unpainted, and we use correct, cleaned, used ones when they are getting painted such as feders, door, hinges, ect
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

On the really hard to find stuff where head markings count, we re-plated the hardware. This consisted of bead blasting them & sending them to a plater for the correct finish. I also used an Eastwood blackening solution on some other hardware, it worked really well. Painted hardware, well, got painted.

Don't forget to clear the plated parts. Otherwise, they will oxidize or rust quickly over a short time.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce