News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How easy is it to find body parts for the 68/69 Charger

Started by urgewalt, May 19, 2007, 10:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urgewalt

Hi,

before I buy a Charger :
I want to know how easy (or heavy) it is to find new or used body parts fpr the 68/89 Charger.
And is there any chance to ship them to germany ?

Because when I buy a Charger and will rebuild it - I must become the needed parts ;)

Thanks forward ...
--
Cheers,
Alex

moparguy01

real easy. next to the E bodies, B bodies are the easiest to find parts for. they make virtually anything you would need, and if they dont make a certain panel, chances are there isnt a demand for it, which means your car would just have to  be really rotten.

Silver R/T

finding used parts for 2nd gen Charger is moderate, be prepared to pay lots of $$ for original parts though. Repro parts available not that good of quality.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chatt69chgr

Most B-body parts are available but there are a few pieces that are not.  Most know what these are and charge accordingly when used examples become available.  A lot of the original parts are better than the repops but when you need something it's nice to know that the repop is out there.  Never hesitate to nail down the parts you want if you find them available.  These parts have a funny way of suddenly drying up overnight.  With that said, more and more repop pieces appear.  I think at some point in the future the market will start dying on these parts as all the available cars are restored.  That may be a little while though.  And don't forget that the new Challenger is coming out next year.  That will affect the market.  Lots of folks that were going to restore a car will buy one of those which will probably depress the parts market somewhat.  I hate to say this but if you are worried about parts maybe you should look at doing a Chevy.  Every single part is available and pretty cheap comparatively speaking.  All muscle cars will always be in demand since there is only a limited supply of them and most newer cars will be 4 cyl grocery getters so I think they are a good investment as far as that goes.  Most car shows I have been to have only a few Mopars.  Mostly Chevys and Fords.  Us Mopar folks tend to think we have something kind of unique and thats partly why we put up with so much to restore these cars.  Let us know what you end up buying. 

urgewalt

Thanks for your answers.

Anyway I will buy a Charger.
This is definitely ...

But I don't know if I buy one in the USA or I search better for a car here in Europe.
I think that the choices in the USA are better than here ...
But it will not so easy to see the cars personla for me in the USA.
So it will not a easy choice ...

--
Cheers,
Alex

Charger1973

Quote from: urgewalt on May 20, 2007, 02:14:30 PM
Thanks for your answers.

Anyway I will buy a Charger.
This is definitely ...

But I don't know if I buy one in the USA or I search better for a car here in Europe.
I think that the choices in the USA are better than here ...
But it will not so easy to see the cars personla for me in the USA.
So it will not a easy choice ...

I am sure if you found a car there would be someone on this board who lives close to it and would go look at it for you.  Even if you had to pay for their time and gas to go look at it, most of the time there is someone willing to help.  And you could get an honest description of the car you are buying without having to actually be there.   :Twocents:

Mike DC

I don't know where you guys are coming from when you say that there are a lot of reproduction 2nd-gen Charger parts out there. 

Maybe that's true compared to what was available for these cars 5-10 years ago.  Or maybe compared to what is currently available for some other Mopars/Chargers.  But these are still aggravating cars because of what's not available.  No front fenders, no hoods, no inner wheelhousings, no full-coverage floorpans, no (affordable) full quarters, no decklids, no grille frames, no rear & side window trim, no upper door panels, no non-tinted windshields, no ignition switches . . . this is still pretty basic stuff.  And let's not even get into the discussion of how many of the available parts are so crappy that you'd be better off not buying them anyway.