News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help, Need paint advise

Started by 69chargerboy, July 05, 2007, 04:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

Please forgive me for asking a non-MoPar question, but my buddy just bought a new Black Toyota Rav 4. There has been a lot of road construction by his home, it looks like he drove in concrete. It is splashed all over the drivers side of the car. It's thick, it maybe some kind of cement sealer. I can't tell. Does anyone know of a way that this could be removed without damage to the paint surface? If you would like I could get a few pics.... Thanks.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

dads_69

Cement sealer? Try some thinner on a rag, hold it in place on crud about 10 or 15 seconds, try using a plastic putty knife or finger nails to remove crud.If it comes off, rebuff the paint and wax it after words. If that doesn't work, its going to need to be sanded down and painted most likely.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

mopar_madman

:iagree: maybe try prepsol or naptha also but it might be tough to remove cleanly when your not sure of what it is. Go to a detail shop (a good one) they deal with this stuff regularly, also mequiars has a forum and autobodystore.com has a forum. try posting on those good luck
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

69chargerboy

Thanks guys for the great advice!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

OttawaCharger

I always used diesel fuel to get tar off.  Then dish soap and finally give it a good coat of wax.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!